IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/16/12

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Good Morning Everyone,

I had my weigh in this morning and was down 1.2lbs. I'll take it. I have been struggling for the first time ever with the Big "C" issues this week. So I need to evaluate everything I have been doing lately to see where the problem might be..
    It has started getting nice here that I have started to walk the trails again at night. The kids love it because they can ride their bikes and I can get my exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Cadu, I agree with everyone else, you are doing an outstanding job with your daughter and she will always be grateful to you for adopting her to let her have a better life. When a child enters your life it is changed forever and we always worry from that first day we get them. My boys are 20 and 24 and I worry everyday about how they will handle life and the decisions they make. All we can do as parents is help guide them alonge the way. You will follow your gut and everything will work out.

Moose, LOVE your progress pics....looking GOOD!!...keep it up

Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!
  • Love reading everyone's posts...so inspiring!

Had WI #2 today...down 3.6 lbs. VERY happy with that as it is also TOM. Can't wait for next week. Looks like I might be able to actually lose 20#s within the first month. How awesome would that be? Either way I will be really, REALLY close. Woo Hoo!

I just love IP! So much easier than I thought it would be.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • Quote: Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
    So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
    Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
    Carol, Although you woke up cranky, you are truly an inspirational woman. Your daughter is sure one lucky woman to have you to advocate for her and to keep up with educating yourself for her needs. From looking at your photos it looks like you have come quite a long way, what a great transformation. There are many great transition programs out there for your daughter, hopefully you will be able to find one in your area.
  • Quote:
    Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!
    Sounds like he's just not ready for it. Not to be mean, but maybe a heart attack will make him realize how serious weight is. I've got friends who I'd love to see try this, but all I can do is live by example and hopefully show the joy that comes from finally understanding my health and doing whatever it took to do this program. Who knows...maybe he'll come around and you can still be here for him. He couldn't have a better role model.
  • Quote: So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on.
    Carol~ You are so inspirational, and I know we all have "those mornings", but I'm glad your WI today reflected that you've been succeeding beautifully, even if it seems stressful with everything going on in your life. Your daughter is very lucky to have you in her life, and the only "wrong" thing you could possibly do is stop loving her, and somehow I don't see that as a possibility Stay tough chica!

Quote: I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks.
    I found a blog about someone with plateau: Here's the gist of it and the link: Stick to soups, jello, juices, and pudding packets. No dinner "meat" except either another packet, or one egg + 3 egg whites, no restricted snacks or occasional veggies , lots of water, and add lemon juice in the morning to help flush stuff out from the night before. I hope this helps? The site said about 2-3 days of this should get the scale moving. I haven't really "hit" a plateau yet (if you count a 2lb loss as standard, which I do) so can't confirm this, but it's an idea.

Quote: Thanks Dakin. I'm not in a *terrible* mood about it, just disappointed. And you're probably right about the gardening & muscles, etc.,... I've had pains in a few places I haven't felt in a while due to lifting, hauling dirt, etc. But I'll hang in there. I'm lighter by 16 lbs than I was at the beginning of this journey, and I definitely feel much better (and lighter)... as I was walking to the local hardware store yesterday I noticed I've got a definite spring in my step these days.
    Just remember what 1 pound of fat looks like, le' eew! Maybe measure your "spots" and see if one lost some size because of that 1 pound

Quote: Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!
    My cousins (2 of them) are actually now diabetic because of weight gain and poor diets. Diabetes is strong in my family and they are just laying down and taking it, along with their insulin, and it'll be for the rest of their lives. I asked if either had considered a low carb diet like IP or Atkins, nope and nope. It's really frustrating when family members are stubborn or quitters

Quote: Had WI #2 today...down 3.6 lbs. VERY happy with that as it is also TOM. Can't wait for next week. Looks like I might be able to actually lose 20#s within the first month. How awesome would that be? Either way I will be really, REALLY close. Woo Hoo!
    Karen~ Holy cow great job!!

~~Alright, so it's almost noon before I got to read the threads today ... er... my bad lol. Work is hectic, in a good way, my To Do list is so much longer than my "It's Done" list it's just kind of sad. And I think I have To Do List bunnies that live in my drawer and make baby To Do's every night, cuz that list keeps getting longer!
    Let's see, weighed myself this morning to see if yesterday's "penance" paid off, down .4 lb so I guess so. Still have 1.2 lbs to drop to just balance out by next Monday, but I'm gonna keep walkin' and movin' this week to try and promote that.
    I made coffee this morning, then blended up my chocolate protein mix with a few ounces of water (made it thick but not chunky) and poured into my coffee, it were soooo good! The stuff I'm using is not IP and gets chunky if you pour it into hot water directly (found that out the hard way) so I decided to go this approach, it worked My fridge at work has cucumbers for the next 3 days ready to go, and I'm going to try and improve my walking time today, we'll see how that goes since it's a looong walk on my lunch break (2+ miles is very long for me). Ahh! and NSV today, I looked in the mirror, and my butt got smaller! Didn't measure, but I was like "YAY LESS JUNK IN MY TRUNK!" ... DH thought I had lost my mind, but agreed with me anyways (nice guy).
    Well, I'm off to review my To Do list...wish me luck!

Great job on all the Weigh in's this week and I hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • Kaypix
    Thank you for sharing the link about the big 'P' because I have been feeling that way and was actually going to call my center to see if I can just use a 4th packet instead of the meat for dinner.
  • Quote: Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
    So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
    Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
    Sending hugs from one adoptive mother to another. We adopted our son at birth, and he along with his older sister, have been our greatest gifts by far. My older daughter is also special needs. I am humbled each day by her bravery and courage to face her challenges over things that most of us take for granted. I am sure you will make the right choices for your daughter and thank goodness you are both a part of each others life.

As for you girlfriend, look how far you have come, and your pictures are a testimonial to that. Time to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty.

Quote: Hang in there Cadu! We are all here for you.
    I have a bit of frustration myself. Not sure if Rissimo is around today but I know she had this same issue. My body is now holding on to the weight and not losing like before. I will be up 1 lb. then back down then up 2 lbs then back down......I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks.
    Hang in there. I went through the same thing over the few weeks, but it looks like the scale is moving again. I tried everything to make the scale move, and in the end none of it worked other than just giving my body time to adjust before loosing again. Hang in there.

Quote: Cadu - you set such a wonderful example for your daughter just by being the amazing mom you are. Take much comfort in that - she has a wonderful life because you opened your heart to her. That's pretty amazing stuff. And those progression photos? Incredible! You should be so proud on all fronts!!

evepet - hard to believe but gardening can be killer! Talk to your coach about maybe adding an extra packet (or even half of one) on hard gardening days so that you're not sacrificing lean or retaining water. My SIL is on IP and doing lots of work at our place and that's what she has to do to stay balanced.

DH and I were in Ottawa over the weekend and did a LOT of walking so we each added an extra pack and it made a world of difference. I had a light loss this week (2.2lbs - lots of factors at play) but it was all fat and no lean so that extra pack really helped.

AFM, I'm nutso busy these days and miss not being able to spend as much time here! Work is crazy, we're doing lots of stuff at home around the house, and today is DH's birthday so there's lots involved in that too (fun stuff, but still!). I can't WAIT for the long weekend. Can't.freakin.wait.
    Your new picture is great and you are doing amazing!!!
    Quote: Good Morning Everyone,

I had my weigh in this morning and was down 1.2lbs. I'll take it. I have been struggling for the first time ever with the Big "C" issues this week. So I need to evaluate everything I have been doing lately to see where the problem might be..
    It has started getting nice here that I have started to walk the trails again at night. The kids love it because they can ride their bikes and I can get my exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    I finally found something that is really working for me; Smooth Move tea. I drink a cup before bed every night, and that stuff really does work. Plus I LOVE licorice, so I'm enjoying the taste too.

Back from WI and down 3 pounds!! This is very exciting because the scale had basically stopped over the past two weeks. I tried every trick in the book to make the scale move over those weeks, but in the end it started moving again when my body was good and ready, and not before. My coach told me to just be patient because I've lost so much already, and to trust the process. She was right.

Congrats to all of those with good WI's today and hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.
  • Quote: Sounds like he's just not ready for it. Not to be mean, but maybe a heart attack will make him realize how serious weight is. I've got friends who I'd love to see try this, but all I can do is live by example and hopefully show the joy that comes from finally understanding my health and doing whatever it took to do this program. Who knows...maybe he'll come around and you can still be here for him. He couldn't have a better role model.
    That is EXACTLY what is going to have to happen to him then maybe he will open his eyes.

Quote: My cousins (2 of them) are actually now diabetic because of weight gain and poor diets. Diabetes is strong in my family and they are just laying down and taking it, along with their insulin, and it'll be for the rest of their lives. I asked if either had considered a low carb diet like IP or Atkins, nope and nope. It's really frustrating when family members are stubborn or quitters
    Our grandmother was a diabetic and so was his mom's mother so it runs in the family. He will learn one day I just hope he opens his eyes before its too late
  • Hi! I hope everyone's feeling positive today and staying OP.

I think the main thing that worries me/I'm not completely happy with in this diet is that I'm not sure how I'm going to do in maintainance. It's just really easy to gain all the weight back, but I'm hoping that thinking about my health will help me keep the weight off. I try not to think about this for now though, because it's going to be a while since I'm there anyway.

I bought a dress online It's size small, so it motivates me to keep going so I can fit in it. It says size small fits a 34-36 inch bust, and mine is 38 right now but hopefully it'll be at least 36 soon. The dress takes about 3 weeks getting here anyway so that gives me even more time haha.

This is the dress:

I've just decided I need to keep buying everything in size small, no excuses. And I'm never in my life buying a size large again.
  • Just got back from my WI- down 10lbs in two weeks! Hope this momentum keeps up!!
  • Quote: Nope, they're different products. Florilax is to be taken more regularly than the Novilax which should only be used for shorter periods of time ie during the cleanse because apparently your body can adapt to it over time.
    You look fabulous! Just wanted to let you know that.
  • Quote: Cadu, I agree with everyone else, you are doing an outstanding job with your daughter and she will always be grateful to you for adopting her to let her have a better life. When a child enters your life it is changed forever and we always worry from that first day we get them. My boys are 20 and 24 and I worry everyday about how they will handle life and the decisions they make. All we can do as parents is help guide them alonge the way. You will follow your gut and everything will work out.

Moose, LOVE your progress pics....looking GOOD!!...keep it up

Sometimes a person does just have to be ready - and nothing can make them ready except themselves. I know I keep small goes. Maybe it's just getting through the day, or drinking 100 ounces of water, etc. Maybe he the big picture is overwhelming - maybe he needs day by day goals. It is always discouraging when someone you love isn't quite ready for our help. I hope things work out!

Quote: Just got back from my WI- down 10lbs in two weeks! Hope this momentum keeps up!!
    Awesome!! Way to go!!
  • Just checking in - and am so excited by everyone's losses! Way to go-

Mooselover - love your pics - you look great!

Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!
  • Quote: Miralax and Novilax are the only things my coach lets us have. I've taken Miralax many times and it did not kick me out of ketisis. My coach did recommend I take more than recommended on the package if the Big C was real bad. Hope it helps.

Oh Thank you Mooselover! - I really want to lose this week since I'm feeling deprived this week. I have lost 28lbs but am beginning to miss the bad stuff. Thanks