Enjoying just one

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • This is completely what I go through. I try not to watch food network, it makes me want to have something really tasty and keeping out foods that I can binge on. I had rollo's this weekend and lost control. They are gone now so I feel like I can move forward and keep that junk out of the house.
  • I struggle with this as well. I'm more likely to quit a food type entirely rather than try to moderate my intake. IE it's easier for me to say no pasta at all than to try and eat only 1c of pasta.
  • Oh boy, do I understand what you mean. My husband is baffled as to why I would eat when I'm already full. I say, "Because it tastes good." But he still doesn't get it---which is why he has never been overweight.

Water doesn't help me either. The only thing that sometimes works is having the willpower to wait a few minutes. I find that my cravings come in spurts. I have a tremendous urge for something, but often if I work through that urge (especially if I can actually remove myself from the vicinity), the craving will pass. So, if I'm in line at Starbucks, I may have a major urge for a cookie. If I can just order my coffee and leave without getting that cookie, though, my craving usually passes within few minutes.