Favorite Vegetable and how you prepare it!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's favorite vegetable is and how they prepare it! Mine has to definitely be cauliflower. I love to roast it with EVOO and sea salt, or to add some kick to it I splash it with LA hot sauce. Then I also love it raw, with WF bleu cheese dressing. Definitely a go to for me.
  • Got to be British asparagus, stir fried with broccoli with lemon pepper and a bit of garlic.
  • I have been steaming 1 3/4C of Cauliflower, and topping w 1/4 cup of spicy SF marinara. I made it on a whim one night when I was itching for some pasta. It not only kicked the craving, its just plain delicious. I probably make it every week.
  • I roast just about every vegetable or add spinach to my pudding shakes. Right now my favorite is roasted asparagus, with just a little bit of olive oil and sea salt.
  • I actually might give a top 5. There are so many amazing vegetables, I love them stir fried or roasted. I also like experimenting with herbs and spices, soy sauce.

(In no particular order)

1. Onion
    2. Spinach, cabbage, pak choi.
    3. Sweet potato
    4. Red Peppers
    5. Sugarsnap peas (or anything in the green bean family)
  • My #1 is Def ROASTED ZUCCHINI! I slice them into round chips and them spray them with EVOO and salt.

#2 is Roasted Broccoli.. yum!

#3 is Roasted Cauliflower
  • I really like brussels sprouts roasted with EVOO and salt and pepper.

The funny thing is, two months ago you couldn't pay me to eat brussels sprouts...
  • I have grown to love zucchini too! Zucchini chips, grated zucchini sauteed with EVOO and salt, and zucchini grated in 2 eggs whites and scrambled.
  • I love spinach I put it in my morning shake or sauté it with evoo and put it in almost any of the soups.
  • Quote: I roast just about every vegetable or add spinach to my pudding shakes. Right now my favorite is roasted asparagus, with just a little bit of olive oil and sea salt.
    I'm right there with Dana on the roasted asparagus. Probably have it three+ times a week. Have now planted three 10 foots rows in hopes to have our own future yearly crop.

Molly
  • Quote: I'm right there with Dana on the roasted asparagus. Probably have it three+ times a week. Have now planted three 10 foots rows in hopes to have our own future yearly crop.

Molly
    Yum I LOVE roasted asparagus!!!
  • It's technically a fruit, but I LOVE avocados. Probably one of my favorite foods ever. I'll eat them pretty much any way I can think of, but guacamole from scratch is a common one. Also, it's pretty good just plain sliced on sandwiches, salads, curries, and so on.
  • I have learned to love cauliflower the best on IP Diet, but carbs haven't been my friend. During the weeks I eat cauliflower I have a bad WI. So I learned a Brussels Sprout hash recipe that has been my friend.

Brussels sprouts take the winner circle.

Shred 1 lb. brussels sprouts with a slicer or cheese grater. I also cut up about an inch of leeks (my original recipe called for shallots, but those are not always easy to find). You roast both these in EVOO until browning. Add apple cider vinegar and 3 packets of stevia or Splenda. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.

Awesome!
  • I love raw cauliflower with oil and vinegar, salt and pepper
  • I love roasted red peppers, zucchini, green onions, and mushrooms with EVOO and lemon cooked on the grill. Also like any kind of greens--Swiss chard, kale, beet greens -- boiled and served with vinegar. Romaine or raddicio (sp?) is surprisingly good on the grill, too.