Can I do it?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • If you set your mind to a goal you can accomplish it no matter how tough the task. Just focus you got this
  • you can TOTALLY do it!

I started C25K and am halfway through week 5 and every dingle day I say "ugh I don't know if I can do this!" and my room mate encourages me and I've actually been able to do every one so far! And I'm quite overweight (check out my ticker) and wasn't active AT ALL before starting the C25K...Literally started at couch potato! haha

I was actually doing a class today with circuits and one of the stations was to walk around the gym...I asked if I can jog and the trainer said go ahead...she then came up to me later and said "wow, you're a really good runner, I'm really impressed!" That made me feel great considering 6 weeks ago I ddint think I could run for a full minute!

I would suggest though, getting proper running shoes...i went to a running store where they tape your feet running and fit you with proper running shoes...I found out that I have "horrible feet not made for running" and they hooked me up with a good pair of shoes for my feet and it made a world of difference! I ran the first week with crappy $30 sketchers and was in quite a bit of pain so getting the new shoes was a huge help!!

Anyways, hope that helps you and good luck! Keep us updated on how you're doing with it if you decide to start it!!

~Laura
  • Thank you Laura, you really encouraged me...sooo I did it! I just had my first running session ever. And it was not as bad as I thought, I mean obviously I struggled to catch my breath at places but I managed to finish the whole session, walk home and function, I felt no pain and I actually had some moments when I enjoyed it

Re running shoes, I used my old trainers and I felt fine, but obviously there was not as much running as walk today, so maybe in time I will really need proper shoes. I decided that if I stick to this plan for a month and not miss a lesson I will reward myself with proper running shoes, so watch this space!!!

Thank you all so much for encouraging me, if it was not for your stories I would never start...
  • Quote: Re running shoes, I used my old trainers and I felt fine, but obviously there was not as much running as walk today, so maybe in time I will really need proper shoes. I decided that if I stick to this plan for a month and not miss a lesson I will reward myself with proper running shoes, so watch this space!!!
    Are you assuming that your old trainers are going to be okay for running those 1/4 and 1/2 mile intervals at the end of the month? I wouldn't.
  • I'm not assuming I will be running 1/4 or 1/2 mile in one month. I'm expecting I will need to repeat some weeks before I feel fit enough to move on.

Anyhow, I'm not planning to suffer, if I see I need the shoes I will get them. My brain is working just fine, it's the body that needs some fixing
  • Quote: Anyhow, I'm not planning to suffer, if I see I need the shoes I will get them. My brain is working just fine, it's the body that needs some fixing
    LOL!!!

I bet youll be further along than you think by the end of the month, if you stay true to your committment and program and schedule