IP Daily Chat monday 5/14/12

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Hello everyone. Just dropping in to say 'Hi!' and hope everyone is having a good OP day.

I'm doing a bit of a test yesterday, today, and tomorrow... not having any bar, in an effort to see if this produces a better loss for my Wedn WI. I'm pleasantly surprised that so far I'm not missing my 3pm bar. I'm still having a snack - but it's a protein drink instead of a bar.

Gotta say I'm loving my waffle maker. My breakfast waffle was tasty, dipped in syrup. And it's handy too, to be able to leave the batter in the waffle iron, set the timer, and not have to stand there monitoring it's cooking like with a pancake. (I know..such a small thing...... LOL).

Do you exchange your bedtime snack with an afternoon snack?
  • Quote: I don't buy any of the IP brand products, so that's not really going to be something to do. I'm just going to toss it out and chaulk it up to learning that that just simply isn't worth buying. I dipped my finger in to try just now and it still tastes awful. Really super chemical tasting. Blech. The two dressings I have are fine (ranch and honey dijon). I guess my moral of the story for myself is they do tolerable salad dressing.
    The first time I had the marshmallow dip it was warm and a really strong aftertaste. I put it in the fridge and it was so much better!
  • Quote: Well - my schedule is a little chaotic - that's my challenge.

I get up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 - depends what my day holds in store.

I eat breakfast between 8 and 8:30.

Lunch can vary, but am really trying to stick to the 6 hour rule. Today I ate at 1:00 ( cappaccino, saurkraut salad and lettuce) weird I know but was on the go, and ate breakfast at 8:30( herb omelette).

I didn't get to eat supper until 7:15 though, but the time I left work and got home to do cook. We had steak, and I'm afraid I overate a little on it, because I was too hungry and I didn't take the time to weigh it.

It's 10 here and I'm not having my snack (pina colada drink)

This is what makes me get discouraged because I'm trying to be so good and really stick to a scheduel, and life is beyond hectic right now. I'll keep plugging away thought!
    I don't know of any 6 hour rule...what is that? (please answer on 5/1/6/12 thread - I'll be closing this thread as soon as I post here.)

Yes, get that last snack in - you need it, your body will thank you and its quite possible your weight loss will improve.