IP Daily Chat monday 5/14/12

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: The scale hasn't budged since Saturday. Either all the partying hard of the weekend or coming up on TOM, who knows.

Product review: WF marshmallow topping is really really gross! I was thinking last week I could layer that with SF pudding for a nice treat. It ruined the pudding, sad to say.
    I agree that the WF Marshmallow isn't the best alone... and I don't like it in my pudding... but a little mixed into the jello is very good ;-)
  • Quote: Also I have no idea how some of you manage weighing in everyday. I'd go CRAZY, weight fluctuates a lot, you know? It's unnecessary stress that I would not like to add. Once a week works perfectly.
    I have to weigh myself everyday. I feel that it keeps me very cognizant of where I am and what I ate the previous day. I'm hoping that it will keep me on track better once phased - I never want to get back to where I started... and I never used to weigh myself! I never even owned a scale! lol But then again, I am a little crazy!!!
  • Quote: Hi,

This is a copy of a new thread I posted earlier. I was an active poster during Phases 1&2 and got so much help & support from this forum. Back for a little more advice/knowledge...

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

EAS low carb drinks 2-3 a day
    Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
    8 oz lean protein a day
    2 cups IP veggies, olive oil, lettuce

Because he is a big kid, I'm thinking 3-4 protein products a day.

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam
    That's pretty much the diet I am on! My husband is doing it as well and the only difference is that he does 10-12 oz of lean protein a day. Seems to be working well for both of us! Best of luck to him!!!!
  • Quote: I have to weigh myself everyday. I feel that it keeps me very cognizant of where I am and what I ate the previous day. I'm hoping that it will keep me on track better once phased - I never want to get back to where I started... and I never used to weigh myself! I never even owned a scale! lol But then again, I am a little crazy!!!
    Haha yes I guess it works for some people But I'd lose my mind, probably!
  • Quote: OK.. so while going through clothes for the clothing swap.. I figured I would try on my old size 12's from way back. well..... I got them on!! They are a bit snug but they buttoned. WAHOOOOOOOOO. One of my goals was to be in a size 12 dress for my nieces June 8 wedding. Looks like I may make that goal since I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks.
    Go Cadu Go!!!!! That is so awesome! On a personal note, it excites me because you and I are the same height and 170 lbs is my goal weight! Size 12 or 14 sounds good to me!

I bet you'll be rockin a 12 dress for that wedding!
  • "pout" I'm super irritable again today, I wonder if TOM is coming next week maybe, because this action is ridiculous! I know it's a sign of fat burning etc. but while I'm FEELING angry I want to eat, and I know it's just emotional hunger, not real hunger, but it is playing hardball and really trying to make me believe I'm ACTUALLY hungry. I'm going to order a few more WonderSlim products / DietDirect products tonight so hopefully those will get here later this week and I can work on those...strongly considering having my 2nd protein snack now instead of later. I ate my "dinner" with lunch yesterday thinking DH wouldn't be home, then surprise, he was! We got into a stupid fight, I dropped the motorcycle engine on my middle finger (how appropriate) and now am starving; i think it's because I didn't have my actual meal later in the evening like normal. I really want to soldier through and get to my "normal" place...but I am just so not sure that's going to happen today...
    On the bright side, scale was down today, so that makes me happy...but all I want to do is binge fighting fighting fighting angry don't-binge is my mantra right now in my head, it sucks
  • Quote: Went off plan this weekend : (. Digging my heals back in for next three weeks. Does anyone know how to find one of your own posts? Lol. I asked a question last Friday and now I cant find what thread I posted it on. To see if anyone replied.... I wanted to know what scales are good to use that are sim to IP's... Fat, water weight ect.... ?

Thanks
    Quote: Happy Monday all! I had my second weigh in on Friday.., down 2 more pounds! My TOM was in tow with it too so hopefully this week will warrant a more significant loss.

Does anyone own the cookbooks for IP? Just wondering if its worth spending the money on.

Have a great OP day everyone!
    Have you checked out FinnSteven's Recipe page? he has a PDF file you can download and print with hundred's of recipes. His recipes are MUCH better than the cook books for IP. MO the cookbooks are not worth it. Steven has pics with all of his recipes...check it out, I think you will be pleased with what you find there.
  • Hello everyone, It was so hard staying op yesterday ! My dh cooked up some goodies,but i stayed on track!
    Yall have a great day!
  • 3fatchicks NEWBIE here
    Just joining this forum today. A lot of info on here! I have been on IP going into my 8th week. I have lost a total of 22+ pounds. 20 more is my goal. Looking forward to reading everyone's comments and suggestions.

week 1 - 7 pounds
    week 2 - 3 pounds
    week 3 - 3.8 pounds
    week 4 - 2 pounds
    week 5 - 2 pounds
    week 6 - 2.8 pounds
    week 7 - 2 pounds

Loving IP!
  • Quote: I agree that the WF Marshmallow isn't the best alone... and I don't like it in my pudding... but a little mixed into the jello is very good ;-)
    I'm wondering if you could take a crispy cereal, tsp vanilla, 1 egg white, 1 stevia and a couple Tbsps of water and bake it and add the WF marshmallow to it for a rice krispy kind of treat??
  • Quote: "pout" I'm super irritable again today, I wonder if TOM is coming next week maybe, because this action is ridiculous! I know it's a sign of fat burning etc. but while I'm FEELING angry I want to eat, and I know it's just emotional hunger, not real hunger, but it is playing hardball and really trying to make me believe I'm ACTUALLY hungry. I'm going to order a few more WonderSlim products / DietDirect products tonight so hopefully those will get here later this week and I can work on those...strongly considering having my 2nd protein snack now instead of later. I ate my "dinner" with lunch yesterday thinking DH wouldn't be home, then surprise, he was! We got into a stupid fight, I dropped the motorcycle engine on my middle finger (how appropriate) and now am starving; i think it's because I didn't have my actual meal later in the evening like normal. I really want to soldier through and get to my "normal" place...but I am just so not sure that's going to happen today...
    On the bright side, scale was down today, so that makes me happy...but all I want to do is binge fighting fighting fighting angry don't-binge is my mantra right now in my head, it sucks
    K,
    I'm sorry for you. I've been there and understand. What I've done is make big mac in a bowl w/o the hamburger because I find it to be the tastiest salad and practically "free" in the IP world. It's a good filler. I would also wash it down 30 oz of strong Mio flavored water...but this is all what I would do. I have no problem w/ extra WF or Mio. Hope that helps.
  • Strawberry Wafers / Fruit Flavored Items.
    The strawberry wafers have to be the best treat I've had since starting IP ten days ago. I'm afraid they are almost too good. I realize they are restricted but I'm wondering if I should limit them to maybe 2 per week.
    I'm not a big fan of any of the fruit flavored things it leaves a very foul taste, I tried mixing ice with it but can't get past the taste. Is anyone else having this problem?

This is a copy of a new thread I posted earlier. I was an active poster during Phases 1&2 and got so much help & support from this forum. Back for a little more advice/knowledge...

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
    8 oz lean protein a day

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam
    Your proposed plan looks fine imo. I imagine it's an oversight - but remember that he needs to eat a total of 4 cups of veggies/day not just the two as you've indicated. Plus use sea salt liberally - 1/2 tsp/day.

As a teenager I assume he keeps a fairly active schedule... with his height and weight, I'd definitely recommend 4 protein products a day. In fact if he sometimes feels the need for a 5th one in the early days of the program imo it would be fine. I've noticed that many coaches allow that. And far better for him to use a 5th 'on protocol' alternative protein snack than to cheat with some off program carb-laden food that retriggers his cravings and sets him back.

BTW, I've used a couple of the varieties of the Quest bars, and found them quite tasty and satisfying. They tend to be fairly 'chewy', which is helpful because it takes longer to eat one.

8 oz lean protein a day

Thanks....Pam

This is what I use. Also, if you can find the DETOUR bars, he could have those since he is gluten sensitive. One of the girls I work with, her daughter has celiac disease and she can have them. You may want to up his protein to 10-12 oz a day. Ususally men need more.
  • Hello everyone. Just dropping in to say 'Hi!' and hope everyone is having a good OP day.

I'm doing a bit of a test yesterday, today, and tomorrow... not having any bar, in an effort to see if this produces a better loss for my Wedn WI. I'm pleasantly surprised that so far I'm not missing my 3pm bar. I'm still having a snack - but it's a protein drink instead of a bar.

Gotta say I'm loving my waffle maker. My breakfast waffle was tasty, dipped in syrup. And it's handy too, to be able to leave the batter in the waffle iron, set the timer, and not have to stand there monitoring it's cooking like with a pancake. (I know..such a small thing...... LOL).