Don't eat my leftovers!!!! Gah!

• My boyfriend, my wonderful boyfriend insists on eating my leftovers. I didn't eat the whole thing for a reason.

I had a 6" subway sandwich, I cut it in half, ate one part and put the other half in the fridge KNOWING I would have it for later. he knows how much it pisses me off to mess with my food, namely leftovers (maybe I'm weird like that lol).

he eats it.

I'm so pissed off.
  • It's time to either hide your food, or tell him to knock it off. He needs to respect that the food is yours, and not think it's his for the taking. Time to let him know that you're serious about him leaving your stuff alone. Sure, it's just a minor issue, but he needs to respect all your things - even food!
  • Agree with the above poster. If someone ate my subway I'd be pretty pissed, too!
  • Lol. Yeah it's kinda funny but serious at the same time. He thinks it's not a big deal, I dont know how to get my point across without looking like a food obsessed crazy woman.
  • Can you put a post-it on it? Maybe it could say something like "Hi, please don't eat this sub. I'm planning to eat it for lunch on Tuesday. If you eat it, I won't have anything for lunch!"
  • I'd be annoyed too, thats not weird! If its a big deal to you and its not a hassle for him to work around that, then he should in my opinion!
    Unless someone tells me that I can have their leftovers or I'm at my parent's place, I'm pretty hands off. Maybe just put a post it note with your name on it-that implies that you don't want anyone to eat it without being very direct.
  • You need to set him straight or teach him to cook so he can replace what he eats.
    Good luck
  • I've had this happen too. My DH was jealous of my leftovers ... seriously! I have even shared my leftovers with him several times. I explained to him that I was purposely making extra dinners so that I could have something healthy for lunch the next 1-2 days.

I came up with two solutions: make even more so he can have some too; and I bought him some pot pies (which he loves), so he could have those for lunch on the days I have leftovers. Now he is happy; and when my DH is happy -- so am I, trust me ...
  • Lmao! Yeah I think he must be jealous of my leftovers.

He knows how to fend for himself in the kitchen for the most part so that's not an issue. I did have a talk with him this evening about how angry it makes me. I almost feel like its an irrational anger lol, but he gets the point. Well, he better get the point
  • You know...you have the power to make him stop this, right? -- Each time he eats your left overs there is no "loving" for a month, next time for 2 months Trust me, he will only eat your food once
  • LOL I'm cracking up at the previous poster! What I would do is the next time you're buying/making something for lunch, just ask him if he's going to want the same. If he says no, say, "Ok, well, I'm leaving part of my sandwich in here, please don't eat it. I plan on eating the other part tomorrow." That way, not only are you clear not to eat your leftovers, but he has no reason to do it to be spiteful (if that is why he's doing it). Because after all, you ASKED him if he would like some, too! And I have to say, it sounds like that is the issue. Good luck!
  • LOLL!! im sorry for laughing but my fiancé does this too!! Even if we make supper, I only eat small portions so when I put leftovers away, they seem to disappear, and it pisses me off!! lol

I agree though that the post-it idea would work. I haven`t tried it yet myself, but I will now. Haha

Ps. I think guys just like the easy access that it provides them. They're just lazy. Sorry to say. lol
  • Quote: Can you put a post-it on it? Maybe it could say something like "Hi, please don't eat this sub. I'm planning to eat it for lunch on Tuesday. If you eat it, I won't have anything for lunch!"
    This is what we do at our house.