Red Meat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Did you give it up?

Should I? I don't eat it a lot anyway just curious about your experiences.
  • Never!!!! I love a big juicy steak way too much to give it up.

My opinion is that if you eat red meat in moderation (as with any food out there - healthy or not) you shouldnt have a problem.
  • I try to keep my menus well rounded as I cook for 6 every night so that included steak and pork chops. I minimize portions and ea5 more veggies on the pork and steak days.
  • Nope. I did cut down my typical portion size by more than half, and I sidestep the porterhouse for the sirloin (most of the time). Since I'm eating less, I can afford higher quality and I look harder for grass-fed and -finished. DH got skunked during the last deer season, so we've been "reduced" to buying beef again.
  • Never! Red meat is an incredible source of nutrition. I'm one of those of the opinion that red meat, eggs, and fish should be the cornerstone proteins of every healthy diet, along with lots of fresh and fermented vegetables, a little fruit, and plenty of fat. Dairy is a great garnish, more if your body handles it well. Starch tolerances vary wildly, refined sugar and grains are to be avoided.

That's me, anyway.

Here's a decent primer into some of the nutritional data around red meat:
    http://www.themainmeal.com.au/Red+me...f+red+meat.htm

Satisfying, filling, positive impact on blood lipid profile and synergistic mineral absorption when eaten with other foods? Sign me up for a juicy ribeye, please
  • Quote: Never! Red meat is an incredible source of nutrition. I'm one of those of the opinion that red meat, eggs, and fish should be the cornerstone proteins of every healthy diet, along with lots of fresh and fermented vegetables, a little fruit, and plenty of fat. Dairy is a great garnish, more if your body handles it well. Starch tolerances vary wildly, refined sugar and grains are to be avoided.

That's me, anyway.

Here's a decent primer into some of the nutritional data around red meat:
    http://www.themainmeal.com.au/Red+me...f+red+meat.htm

Satisfying, filling, positive impact on blood lipid profile and synergistic mineral absorption when eaten with other foods? Sign me up for a juicy ribeye, please
    haha! Thanks for the link. I always go with everything in moderation as long as I can control myself that is. I just noticed that people talked about chicken and fish a lot and I hadn't been seeing much about other meat. I wasn't sure if I was screwing myself over or not. We eat quite a lot of pork here in Ireland.. yum yum.
  • I would give it up but I can't. It gives me a good source of iron for my anemia when I'm feeling low. And it tastes....sooo...good. lolol im so bad.
  • As long as you keep a decent moderation of it i think you should be fine i mean x.x...i love red meat
  • I heart beef.

That is all.
  • I love red meat. Give me a grilled skirt steak with a side of grilled veggies and I will be in heaven.

I don't eat it all the time, but I certainly enjoy the heck out of it when I do.
  • I enjoy red meat as well but I only eat it in moderation. I am discovering that a few sliced of Roast Beef is enough to satisfy my cravings most days. ^_^
  • Quote: I heart beef.

That is all.

Also I just made honey/pepper/cider glazed ham and apple sauce. It was soo good.
  • I eat grass fed beef whenever I can get my hands on it!

I could seriously go for a steak at this moment!
  • Quote: I eat grass fed beef whenever I can get my hands on it!

I could seriously go for a steak at this moment!
    Is grass fed beef hard to get over there? That's all we have here I think. If I look out my window I can see cattle in the field. Yum yum.
  • Quote: Is grass fed beef hard to get over there? That's all we have here I think. If I look out my window I can see cattle in the field. Yum yum.
    Jealous!!! and YES, the stuff they feed cows in America makes me cringe. I have a local farmer that brings it to me but it's $$$$.