Veggies and Oil

• Are the veggies just used to get you full or do they help with the weight loss also? If you skip the veggies or don't eat the 2cups in a meal, is it that big of a deal?

Also on the oil per day, what is that for? I can't remember if I was told the veggies or oil was to help prevent you from getting constipated? Is that right?
  • Quote: Are the veggies just used to get you full or do they help with the weight loss also? If you skip the veggies or don't eat the 2cups in a meal, is it that big of a deal?

Also on the oil per day, what is that for? I can't remember if I was told the veggies or oil was to help prevent you from getting constipated? Is that right?
    The veggies help to provided needed nutrients in addition to contributing to fullness. The fiber is good for us, too. Our internal organs, hair, nails, and skin need the oil in addition to its helping with elimination. The veggies can be eaten throughout the day as needed to get in the 4 cups total. Cutting out/reducing the veggies might make your body think you're in starvation mode, and your weight loss will actually slow down.
  • I dont like taking the oil st8... so I got fish oil capsules.... Veggies are huge in the weight loss fight... depending on which veggies... the greener the better... and CUCUMBERS are magical!!! Cukes help BURN FAT!!!! and help with SKIN HAIR AND NAILS and are a freebie in IP.

Celery - Magical too .... high in potassium and wonderful for Blood Pressure. Celery is a natural diuretic!!! and a freebie in IP

Spinach - a beautiful thang...... cancer fighting oxie's, loaded with essential vitamins

all veggies are more potent raw than cooked.

veggies are amazing...
  • Check with your coach, mine and others from what I have read, say only lettuces is *free and does not count in the 4c a day. The lettuces helps things "move along." I count my cucumbers in the 4c.

I use olive oil for cooking, which helps the seasonings stick to the veggies- you can also use it on your salads with some lemon for a dressing.

Always get your veggies in, that is what my coach checks if I'm slowing with my losses.