Is it just me or is it harder to loose 14 lbs than 40?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Knowing how to do it doesn't solve my motivation issues, and I still feel out of breath when I'm exercising. I'm just exercising at an intensity that would've sent me to the hospital if I'd tried it early on, lol.
    Haha, I know what you mean - I just think even though exercise is intense, it feels less painful than when I started out.

As for the motivation, that IS key. It's like I said in my previous post, you have to be diligent and when you lose focus you sneak in stuff that keeps you from dropping weight.
  • Quote: even though exercise is intense, it feels less painful than when I started out.
    OMG DEFINITELY!! when I first started out I was convinced I was dying. LOL Now it's like meh, lets go for more! hahahah
  • Quote:
    The answer is quite simple: stick to your plan diligently. When it's about the last few lbs you can't overestimate your calories here and there. You can't not go for your exercise as you planned. You can't sneak in more carbs than you know you should.
    This is what it takes. Persevere and you will see success.
  • Yeah, that is one thing that i have accepted is, if i want to get down to a size 6 /140lbs. Its going to take hard work, its going to take planning.

It means not eating out of boredom and it means eating healthy.

Its hard but it means the difference between looking good to looking fantastic!!
  • Its hard for me now because more of my clothes fit back in. When I was in the 150's I had to go buy two pairs of size 10 pants (ick!). I was around 132/133 in January of 2011 and thats when I fell off the wagon but I was really comfortable in my clothes at that time. I put on a crap ton of weight previously in college by eating whatever my roomate did (who weighed much more than me) and eating out all the time. However in 2008 I did weight watchers (whatever the points plan was at the time) and was able to go from 175-125 from January to June, and I mainained in the high 120's until after my July 2009 wedding without much effort and without following the program. After my wedding and honeymoon I gained weight and got back into the high 140's. I was able to loose again to the 130's until in 2011 and then I gained it back over summer and fall until in November I was 151. I was convinced the scale was wrong.

This time whats helped is making healthier choices. When I was on weight watchers I could still loose and eat a ton of crap. Also, I have cut gluten out of my diet due to a sensitivity, but also stopped eating rice, and most carbs for the time being. Following a primal/Paleo diet has helped. I know I can get back into the 120's but its been 3 years since I have been there. I am still very much "on the wagon" and I plan to stick to my diet pretty strictly until I get to where I am in the 120's.

Sigh. ITs hard!
  • Yeah, for me it has been constant snacking, i just can't stop. Its really hard, yet i think i can over come it one day.