Why We Get Fat

• Gary Taubes analysis of the research and information known about obesity is fascinating to me. It is also very interesting that the wisdom of what is known about it got lost to our recent understanding. The "calories in-calories out" paradigm just does not seem to hold up to the evidence!
    The video is not short, but you won't have to read the book if you watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vpF...e_gdata_player
  • Thanks I'll watch it later tonight
  • Thanks for posting this.
  • Quote: Gary Taubes analysis of the research and information known about obesity is fascinating to me. It is also very interesting that the wisdom of what is known about it got lost to our recent understanding. The "calories in-calories out" paradigm just does not seem to hold up to the evidence!

But I love the book, one of my favorites. I've read it a couple of times over the past year or two. Check out his blog too.
  • I'm actually in the middle of this book right now so I'll pass on the video before I finish
    Thanks for posting this though! He has some really really good points about obesity and I'm really enjoying the book.
  • I really like the book too. But I enjoyed watching him " in person " after the read. Lots of the info coincides with IP material and approach.

With IP, I have reversed metabolic syndrome. Just amazing what no sugar and minimal carbs can do for a person with my genetic type! I hope the message makes ever more inroads in to our culture!

I am beginning to read "Fast Food Nation" now.
  • So works for me! After years of calorie punting and obsessive exercise I now see the light!
  • So obvious to me now after living IP for several months!

Gary's blog is good. His blog lead me to Dr. Peter Attia's blog. Good stuff too from a doctor, athlete and carb sensitive.
  • Quote: So obvious to me now after living IP for several months!

Gary's blog is good. His blog lead me to Dr. Peter Attia's blog. Good stuff too from a doctor, athlete and carb sensitive.
    You should also check out, if you haven't already, is Mark's Daily Apple. It's a primal diet, but beside that, it also follows along with what Gary Taubes talks about in his research.
  • Quote: Gary Taubes analysis of the research and information known about obesity is fascinating to me. It is also very interesting that the wisdom of what is known about it got lost to our recent understanding. The "calories in-calories out" paradigm just does not seem to hold up to the evidence!

Samba,
    Thanks a lot (said in a sarcastic way)... I got hooked on these videos, and haven't done a thing all morning. Don't send me any more ideas -- ha-ha. The videos do help me realize why this diet is working-- I am a person that needs to know why I am doing something.
  • Thanks so much for this!
    over the years, I've bought several copies of Good Calories, Bad Calories for 'my peeps' because it's such a fascinating, enraging and important manifesto... but, I daresay that some just never got around to reading it, understandably. So I've been sharing this link with them all morning!

Très awesome!
  • Just found "Food Matters" is available streaming on Netflix!

House cleaning stopped. Oh well.
  • Quote: But I love the book, one of my favorites. I've read it a couple of times over the past year or two. Check out his blog too.
    ITA. The video was good, but I still recommend the book. I found I could barely stop reading it once I started it this past weekend. It really reinforces the IP philosophy.