Low Carb Ice Cream Bars

• SO question for you all...I found these ice cream bars called "sweet freedom" and they are low carb and low sugar. Do you think these would be an acceptable treat if I stay within the 100 calorie sweet rule?
  • Please post the actual ingredients. They may have some "naughties".
  • Calories 100
    Calories from Fat 60
    Total Fat 7g
    Saturated Fat Less than 5g
    Total Carbohydrate 11g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 2g
    Sugar Alcohol 7g
    Protein 2g

INGREDIENTS: Low Fat Ice Cream: Milk Fat and Nonfat Milk, Maltitol, Raspberry
  • Look OK to me. Malitol has a bad effect on some people though.
  • sounds yummy! what brand is it by?
  • Quote: sounds yummy! what brand is it by?
    Sweet Freedom by Blue Bunny.
  • Quote: Sweet Freedom by Blue Bunny.
    awesome! thanks.
  • Maltitol is a red-flag for diabetics. It's a sugar alcohol (anything ending in TOL). It isn't absorbed the same way as sugar, so getting the proper carb/insulin ratio is sometimes compromised. At least this is my understanding from my dietitian.
  • I'm thrilled that these don't seem to be completely terrible to you guys, because they are amazing! Maybe a once a week (maybe twice) treat.

Thanks guys!
  • These confuse me. When I looked for them online it looked like they were coated with chocolate but the ingredients don't reflect any kind of coating. so weird
  • They are coated in some kind of chocolate shell...not sure which ingradients reflect this.
  • Found the real ingredients (their website doesn't list them all). I'd stay away from them...but that is me.

Low Fat Ice Cream: Milk Fat And Nonfat Milk, Maltitol, Raspberry Base (Maltitol, Water, Black Raspberry Puree, Polydextrose, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate As Preservative, Blue 1), Polydextrose, Contains Less Than 1/2% of Propylene Glycol Monoesters, Mono & Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Carob Bean Gum, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Vitamin A Palmitate.

Coating: Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Soybean), Lactitol, Cocoa Powder Processed With Alkali, Chocolate Liquor, Whey, Soy Lecithin, Vanillin, Sucralose. Allergen Information: Contains Milk And Soy.
  • I use to eat these, the vanilla were better than the chocolate. But then I just can't get past the fake flavor taste. So, I decided, I will have a scope of regular ice cream once in awhile instead of those unknown ingredients. Too many chemicals.
  • Anything with that many ingredients cant be that good for you