Anyone ever very irritable on IP?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: It's very timely that this was *bumped* up this morning, given my cranky whining post on the daily chat a few minutes ago. lol
    I think I'm right in line with 'Purple's' theory that week 7 s*cks! I hope this blows over quickly, as I really want to achieve my goal!
    Oh-oh.... next week will be Week 7 for me. I'd better beware.
  • The moodier I am, the more I lose.
    Bad news/good news type of thing.
    (Though it sure doesn't help when you are in the middle of a mood swing.)
  • I opened my cabinet today at lunch time, very hungry and said I'm getting sick of this $hit! I'm in week 6. I've also found myself extra hungry lately. I also mowed the lawn, split and stacked some wood. The mower is a rider so not too much exercise from mowing but the rest kicked it up a bit and I over ate a bit, not too bad and all IP and one of my three approved alternatives. Still made me angry. I wanted to make two packets of broccoli cheese soup. Mixed in one packet and the second packet I pulled from the box was veggie chilli, so the soup was okay with double the water and I had the chili too after the soup. My coach told me week two to have 5 packets a day and up to 7 if I needed them so I feel like I did okay. Remember I am probably much heavier than lots of you when you're thinking about the 5 packs and alternatives.

Checking in here makes me feel better too.
  • On a side note the hungry I am feeling now is nowhere close to the hunger I used to feel and I know my blood sugar level is much steadier now than ever.
  • Quote: I opened my cabinet today at lunch time, very hungry and said I'm getting sick of this $hit! I'm in week 6. I've also found myself extra hungry lately. I also mowed the lawn, split and stacked some wood. The mower is a rider so not too much exercise from mowing but the rest kicked it up a bit and I over ate a bit, not too bad and all IP and one of my three approved alternatives. Still made me angry. I wanted to make two packets of broccoli cheese soup. Mixed in one packet and the second packet I pulled from the box was veggie chilli, so the soup was okay with double the water and I had the chili too after the soup. My coach told me week two to have 5 packets a day and up to 7 if I needed them so I feel like I did okay. Remember I am probably much heavier than lots of you when you're thinking about the 5 packs and alternatives.

Checking in here makes me feel better too.
    You are doing GREAT usmcvet! I was struggling with severe hunger last week too. I mentioned it to my coach today, and she made some changes in my diet. She was upset that I did not e-mail her during the week. She reminded me that this is not a starvation plan. She looked at my journal and we discussed my job(teaching very active 1st graders) and she said that I was not taking in enough calories for the amount of calories I was burning. If you are hungry to the point of being uncomfortable and anxious, you need to talk to your coach. Your activities were strenuous...big time!!! Perhaps you need a plan for when you do overexert. Keep up the great work!
  • Thanks NewPath. I love teachers. You have a very important job. My kids have always had great teachers. I am only 193 pounds from goal
  • Oh just remembered my snap out this morning. Even before IP I've been struggling to get my kids to eat better. This morning my wife asked the kids what they wanted for breakfast. They all wanted a bagel, okay but then they wanted cinnamon and sugar. Part of me was jealous and part of me was really upset at the crappy choices. They ended up having scrambled eggs and milk.
  • I remember weeks 7-10. Very emotional time, but it does get better, so hang in there everyone.... you can get through this !!!
  • So I always comment on when women are crabby its probably our stored estrogen being released but usmcvet reminds me that when a man is truly hungry...The Hulk is unleashed! My hubby is the nicest, most laid back guy - but do not, I repeat DO NOT let him skip a meal!
  • Quote: So I always comment on when women are crabby its probably our stored estrogen being released but usmcvet reminds me that when a man is truly hungry...The Hulk is unleashed! My hubby is the nicest, most laid back guy - but do not, I repeat DO NOT let him skip a meal!
    LizRR- You commented on my post on Monday, when I began to go "postal" on everyone and everything...without warning, followed by the "moods". Your reassurance really helped me to plow through the grouchiness knowing that it is part of the process....certainly not a show stopper. Thank you for your devotion and dedication to all.
  • Quote: The 7-week itch.

Sometime after like week 5 or so, some kinda sorta hate this diet. Not everyone. A lot of people sail through this with no issues. But, some of us are more hormonally challenged. I hated this diet weeks 7-10. Seriously. But, then I got back on track. I had to re-boot because the way I was heading I might have slipped and that was not what I wanted. I was very much appreciative of the weight loss and how I was looking, getting into smaller sizes, etc. So, everything was working, what was the problem? I honestly cannot tell you except that it hit some of us really bad.

I had also noticed that this was a time of slip ups for people. Sometime after week 5 or so, people were struggling with will power and many would slip or cheat.

This diet really messes with your hormones and unfortunately that does not stop. I hated the diet when I first started, the first few days. Weeks 7-10 were challenging and just last week I was really angry at it. Unfortunately when this hits, you cannot phase off immediately. I was angry at myself for not phasing off earlier and lost some of my discipline. I felt like I had gone past my expiration date which was not the case, just my PMS laced perception.

It happens. Hang in there. Eat something when the crabbies hit. And often the bewitching hour is late afternoon before dinner. Don't reach for something you will regret. Just eat extra packets. Eat extra restricted if you have to. Do what you need to do to get through but hang in there, check yourself and do what you can to get yourself back on track.

I think we come into this diet with this great energy, dedication and resolve but over time we lose some of that. I found that I had to reboot and it took me a while - a week or two- to get back on track.

Now, I also struggle with MIO. I don't think I do well with Splenda. So that was cut out as part of my reboot and things improved, basically the insane cravings that came with PMS. But, lately because I lost my discipline and won't drink water, I had to add it back. Consequently my cravings are up and my last PMS was dreadful. Yuck.

So, hang in there, it's always temporary and will pass but see it as a test and do what you need to do to get through and feel better and successful. You got this. Remember, you are in the driver's seat, not your mood or a craving. Take back control of the steering wheel.
    Holy wow!! That happened to me last summer, but I still never got back on track 100% (and it showed). I gained everything back.
  • Buahahaaaa.. i thought it was just me for a while! I was so sick and tired of reading all these happy posts i thought i was going to push grandma infront of the bus! My poor poor fiance and son.. they have had to deal with me and my mood. I started video journaling just to cope.. OMG it was bad. I almost even went to the Dr. to get on anti-depressants. But just out of now where my mom changed to the positive about a week ago. IDK what it is.. the mondane of the diet and the lack of light at the end of the tunnel or what... but i hear ya... i woulda coulda cut anyone that looked at me wrong! Especially when its about 30 min before it's time to eat.. o H no.. DO NOT stand in between me and the kitchen ... I will mess you up! I think it is the hormones but DANG! Feeling better now you are not alone! Your misery has company! lol Hang in there!