Major NSV!

• Oh my goodness. I posted in the WW forum about going to Old Navy earlier this week to get something for my son. I knew Old Navy sizes run big so I thought, maybe, just maybe I could get a shirt or something in an XXL. I was so embarrassed to be shopping in a regular store, feeling like everyone was looking at me I just grabbed two t-shirts and ran.

After some reflection, I decided that was just silly and I wasn't going to put up with it. I tried on the XXL and they fit, in fact, they were loose. I went back tonight and got two XL tops and some shorts in XL. I haven't worn shorts in public since... maybe my early teen years!

I know I'm rambling but oh my gosh! I'm so excited!!!
  • That is so awesome!!! I know the feeling of shopping shame, but really none of those people even matter
  • Yay! Good job!
  • That is sooooooooooooooo wonderful. Don't be ashamed in the store, most people are to absorbed with themselves to be watching you anyway. I'm so happy for you!

• Good for you!! And I agree with the others, the people in the store don't matter; it is how you feel that matters!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • Awesomeness
  • congrats! I had this same experience last year. I needed an easter dress and figured hey maybe their xxl will fit. It was too big, their xl was too big and the l was barely too small. I think i freaked out the attendant because i was in tears by the time ii was finished with the dressing room lol
  • I felt silly after I came home because I felt like everyone was looking at me thinking I didn't belong but I knew it wasn't true. That's why I made myself go back just to get over that feeling. I hope the pictures work but here we go....

The one with the blue was March 5th at 242 lbs, I'd already lost 10 lbs.
    The one in pink was last night at 229 lbs, a total of 23 lost.

Apologies for my dirty mirror! And yes, that size sticker is still on my boob in the pink shirt. I was so proud of that XL I joked to my husband that I may leave it on and go to work that way.

• Looking great!
  • YAY!!!!!!

Wow, you can really see your shape in the new top. SUPER CUTE!
  • Quote: I felt silly after I came home because I felt like everyone was looking at me thinking I didn't belong but I knew it wasn't true. That's why I made myself go back just to get over that feeling. I hope the pictures work but here we go....

The one with the blue was March 5th at 242 lbs, I'd already lost 10 lbs.
    The one in pink was last night at 229 lbs, a total of 23 lost.

Apologies for my dirty mirror! And yes, that size sticker is still on my boob in the pink shirt. I was so proud of that XL I joked to my husband that I may leave it on and go to work that way.

The red top looks great on you!