Embarrassing problem

• Ok, so I am currently at university and as a part of my course I have to particupate in professional placements during my holidays. So I have to wear a uniform of sorts which includes a button up dress shirt which has the university name and logo on it as well as my course name. I ordered the shirt and was told they are really big makes and I thought I would judt be careful and order the biggest they had, which was a size 20. Well I got the shirt today and it is supposidly a size 20 australian, which is "apparently" equivalent to a size 16 U.S.(????) The shirt is too small. I can get it done up, but it doesnt look very good. I have no other option but the wear the shirt, so does anyone know how I would be able to make it any bigger??
    (The shirt material is deep blue with red pinstripes, it is 3/4 sleeves. I live in a fairly cold part of Australia so I would be able to wear a vest or something over it if I was to add material, I just don't know how)

Any help appreciated.
  • Would you be allowed to wear a shirt under the button up dress shirt? Maybe red or white? Then you could wear the required shirt sort of like a jacket. Probably not ideal and maybe embarrassing. But, maybe you could email the professor or person in charge, let them know about the problem and ask if this would be a good solution since the shirt doesn't come in a larger size. Or, they may have another option for you. Good luck.
  • Ugh that sucks! You know, at my work we are allowed to buy our own button up shirts and have them embroidered instead of wearing a standard issue one. Maybe you could shop for a similar blue shirt and pay for the embroidery...it shouldn't cost much and might be worth it if you feel better in it.