Extra skin

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: I just have one every other day, too. The "every day" info is on a sheet titled "Tips, Ideas and Suggestions" that I got at the initial consultation.
    Yes, I'm reading it now, forgot about my tip sheet. It says for Maintenance phase you may enjoy one each day.
  • Quote: Yes, I'm reading it now, forgot about my tip sheet. It says for Maintenance phase you may enjoy one each day.
    Mine doesn't say anything about Maintenance.
  • I lost 85 pounds about 18 months ago and the skin did get better. After children and age (45) though, I don't think it's going to get to the point I'd ever want my stomach to show. I think my legs still seem more elastic, but that could be because I dance and they get exercised pretty regularly.
  • Quote: Sewmam, Where do you buy your skin cream ingredients and would you share your recipe?

Chloe
    Hi Chloe - I think I got the argan oil on Amazon, after hearing about it from a lady who also goes to my clinic. The aloe jelly you can get at any health food store - doesn't need to be food grade. Aloe is good for the skin. I use Burt's Bees Baby Lotion, also got on Amazon. You see that in the stores sometimes now, but I like the plain lotion without the scents added to it. I don't exactly have a formula, maybe 1/3 of each component? The argan is fragrant and expensive, so this was a way to make it go farther...

Quote: My start-up materials say to have the jelly/pom granada drink every day to help combat cellulite. Anyone's info say every day, or is my clinic possibly just trying to sell more?
    There's a post somewhere about collagen and how there is a problem with taking it everyday - something about the body is unable to absorb it and it maybe even cause the body to become immune to it? Sorry I'm not real specific on it - I just remember thinking, oh I better not take it everyday... FYI
  • Strength train and collagen, plus give it a couple of years after reaching goal to really see what you are really dealing with before running to a plastic surgeon.
  • Okay, I am gearing up for the strength training and collagen and the time wait.

Love Argan oil. I already have some, but yes the expense keeps me from slathering myself in it. Like the lotion extender idea!

Already jiggly some myself. I love wearing shape wear. Seems to keep the thighs and tummy quiet! My back fat is just funny lumpy at this point of loss and I wear a shaper that smooths that out. Thank goodness for this elastic stuff I can pull on. I just feel more together with it on. Kinda crazy how that loose skin and funny fat makes me feel like I am a flag in the breeze sometimes. I think the rapidity of the weight loss made me notice all that. Need time to tone up and see what happens.
  • Link about collegen protein
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...l-sources.html
  • Quote: Link about collegen protein
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...l-sources.html
    Thanks for posting that. I use a bovine source of collagen which is made by Great Lakes. I use 2 tbls. per day which I usually put in my pudding shake.
  • Yes, thanks for the link, I ordered Great Lakes too, hoping it will be in tomorrow.

Have you gals found that your face skin is more smoother by doing the every other day collagen protocol? I've only been on this for a month and I look 5 yrs younger
  • The company that makes the IP foods/products also makes a liquid collagen and that's what I'm planning on getting in a few weeks. I'm almost 50lbs down and definitely noticing the difference in my skin - quite dramatic, I have to say! So I'm going to try everything I can.

I have a variety of creams that contain shea, collagen and vitamin E, so fingers crossed that that, plus the liquid collagen, will do the trick as I continue to lose.

The reason you're only supposed to have the jelly and granata drink every other day is that because they contain collagen they only have 7 of the 8 essential amino acis that we need, while all the other IP products have all 8. So if you constantly are having the collagens packs, over time you're actually depriving yourself of that 8th essential amino acid which can be less beneficial over time.
  • I was just told today, that you should only take the collagen building products every other day, not to to have one every day. They do of course count as one of our IP packets for the day. Hope that helps!

Thank you for sharing the info about the amino acids. I was wondering the reason!
  • Quote: The company that makes the IP foods/products also makes a liquid collagen and that's what I'm planning on getting in a few weeks.
    I asked my nurse to order it for me. I thought it was an "available in Cananda" product, I am in the US, so I thought we were still waiting on the FDA or something. She was informed by her trainer that IP does not make the collagen at all. So she can not order it for me.
    So My question is, is it made by the same lab that makes the IP products, and do you know what company it is sold by or labeled as? I really want this product.
    Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.
  • could I use Knox for collagen?
    Good Morning All,

could I add Knox (flavorless jello powder with no other ingredients) to my shakes and stuff to increase my collagen intake or is that not the same kind?
  • I was also told that IP does not make a liquid collagen product...Jen, when you get it could you share with us what you got and where you get it from?

Thanks!
  • Quick question...for the collagen...now that i've lost most of my weight...is it too late to use it...since i already have a lot of loose skin, i'm thinking not and that is something that i should've used from the beginning.