Started jogging....

• I started jogging about 3 weeks ago....lately I have noticed that my muscles are very sore! Am I doing something wrong? Should I take a break for a couple of days? Thanks! (I jog about 5 times a week)
  • Are they your shins? Most runners, after not running for a while and then overenthusiastically running too much, develop shin splints. To prevent this muscle strain injury and other muscle injuries, stretch before a run (stretch usually where it hurts and slowly stretch further until the pain lessens), stretch after a run, sometimes stretch during a run, and stay hydrated!

I ran distance track in high school and run about 2x a week now.

I'm proud of you for jogging btw for new runners, it's hard to start
  • Muscle are probably sore due to small tears that are normal being repaired. Once running if the soreness goes away it's just the muscle being tight.
  • Thank you for your replies!! This has been very hard for me.... I HATEd HATED running....but now I am beggining to like it.. I have never done track or anything like that....but I used to be in ballet, jazz and some gymnastics when I was little...but I am 35 now....so that was a long, long time ago...