Faux Apple crumble?

• I saw a recipe for an apple crumble using zuchini, but i can't remember if I saw it here or another site. I tried the search feature here but it didn't pull up the recipe I was looking for. Anyone know an apple crumble recipe using zuchini and IP pack?

TIA!
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4214298-post303.html
  • Thanks!!
  • I'm so making this!!!! Sounds yummy!
  • Faux apple dessert

large zucchini
    cinnamon
    Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)
  • Made this last night for "dessert". It was fantastic. I had a hard time making a "syrup" my spices and lemon juice all kind of stuck to the pan i sauteed them in.

Suggestions?
  • I'd like to try this but .... zucchini & cinnamon? Seems like a very unusual combination..... Can you taste the 'zucchini-ness' and what about the texture?
  • If you don't cook it too long, it actually has the consistency of baked apples. I put ground clove, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in mine. And I think a little Splenda. Fabulous! Really tastes like baked apples!
  • The lemon juice cuts out the zucchini taste.
  • Quote: Made this last night for "dessert". It was fantastic. I had a hard time making a "syrup" my spices and lemon juice all kind of stuck to the pan i sauteed them in.

Suggestions?
    Pam-spray the pan, cook at a lower heat, or nuke them instead, watching carefully.
  • It really doesn't taste like zucchini?
  • Quote: Made this last night for "dessert". It was fantastic. I had a hard time making a "syrup" my spices and lemon juice all kind of stuck to the pan i sauteed them in.

Suggestions?
    I find that the zucchini needs to cook longer than there is moisture. I continue to add water to the pan a TBSP at a time then make sure it has enough liquid before I put it in to bake. I LOVE eating this with butterscotch pudding.
    Also amazing with a drizzle of WF caramel.