Exercise Ball

• Hi all,

I am new at the exercise thing. For the moment I am doing some treadmill, but I saw a bargain at Lidl for exercise balls, and I am considering buying it.
    What I am wondering is if exercise ball worth buying it. Is it working? What kind of exercise you get from it? Has anyone here experienced working out with that ball?

thanx!!
  • I do my ab workouts on a ball & love it, works the core the best for me
    Ab rollout, jacknife, side bends

I also do do Arm-Leg Extension (Ball) - Alternating

I have a routine set up on fitnessbliss but you can find ball workouts via google

I brought my ball to work so I can get a few mins in everyday
  • & after googling I just realized I should be doing squats! 

Fitnessmagazine.com/workout/gear/equipment/best-stability-ball-exercises
  • Thanx. I will check it out.
  • It's definitely not an ideal piece of equipment. I have them in my gym. But if I were going to buy one thing for resistance training at home... it'd be adjustable dumbbells.

Of course there are some decent exercises you can do with a ball. But again, they're just not ideal. If I had to list my biggest issue, it'd be the difficulty in progressing the resistance, which is mandatory if you're going to drive continual improvements.
  • I have been going to the gym for awhile now and whenever I do crunches, I make sure to do them on it! Not only does it not hurt my back, the added extension you can do with the ball will work your back muscles as well.

While I'm at the point where by body is still trying to figure out what a muscle is, I can see a major change in my stomach and back and my measurements keep going down which is a great surprise!

I know that not everyone enjoys them, however I just bought one for my home a few days ago and its been great to have around the home.

Best of luck in whatever you decide!