Problems with shaving since losing weight!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I was glad to find this, as it's become a real problem for me lately too! I realized one day that there was a whole area of one underarm that I'd been missing - the hairs in that spot were really long, which meant I'd been missing them for a while, ack! Don't know how I didn't notice that, lol. Anyway, I keep trying to reposition, and do it in front of the mirror, etc., and I'm still having a lot of trouble getting them smoothly shaved. I'm thinking about just having them waxed - I've been having my eyebrows waxed for 15 years, and it can't hurt much more than that, right? LOL. I guess the only way to know is to try it.
  • I posted in an armpit fat forum mistakenly about this problem. They were discussing bra issues and I mentioned the concave pit problem. I started to assume that thinner women must wax.
  • I have tried moving my arm in every direction but nothing seems to help. Today, I used my DH electric razor before I got in the shower. While in the shower I shaved my legs and went over my arms again with the razor. This seem to be the only thing that works.
  • I bought the Noxema Bikini razors to try. Those were suggested from another thread. Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Noxzema-Bikini.../dp/B001EJIMRO These did not work well for me. Although, they are worth a try since everyone is different. I paid less than $2 for the package. I think the best thing, so far, is my regular Venus razor. I shave very slowly and really press the razor into the pit. I haven't cut myself yet. But if I do, I swear I will be removing a big chunk! (I guess that will make my dilemma worse! ) I just wanted to update my findings.
  • Quote: I bought the Noxema Bikini razors to try. Those were suggested from another thread. Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Noxzema-Bikini.../dp/B001EJIMRO These did not work well for me. Although, they are worth a try since everyone is different. I paid less than $2 for the package. I think the best thing, so far, is my regular Venus razor. I shave very slowly and really press the razor into the pit. I haven't cut myself yet. But if I do, I swear I will be removing a big chunk! (I guess that will make my dilemma worse! ) I just wanted to update my findings.
    Thanks Diana! It's good to know that the mini razors didn't work all that well; I had been looking for them and couldn't find them, so I may not bother. I do have an appointment to get my underarms waxed the next time I do my eyebrows, so we'll see how that works out.
  • Quote: Thanks Diana! It's good to know that the mini razors didn't work all that well; I had been looking for them and couldn't find them, so I may not bother. I do have an appointment to get my underarms waxed the next time I do my eyebrows, so we'll see how that works out.
    Post back after you get the waxing done. I doubt that I will do that, but you never know. I am curious about the pain factor, how well it turns out, and how long it lasts.
  • Quote: Post back after you get the waxing done. I doubt that I will do that, but you never know. I am curious about the pain factor, how well it turns out, and how long it lasts.
    OK, so I had it done last Monday. The pain was a complete non-issue; it was WAY less painful than brow or lip waxing, and there was no lingering redness or swelling. Roughly a week later underarms are still smooth, but not sure how long it will last. Really the only downside seems to be the expense of it. I think it was $45, and I simply can't justify that cost every few weeks on top of the brow and lip waxing I already have done. But for a special occasion? I'd do it again in a heartbeat.