Kind of a personal question but...

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I'll respond to your personal question with another personal question; how dark is your urine?

If it's darkly colored, it makes sense that frequent urination would accompany weight loss - the Law of Conservation of Mass says matter can neither be created nor destroyed, so the weight has to leave your body somehow.

If it's very lightly colored (almost the same color as the water in the toilet bowl before you, *ahem*) then your body is deliberately shedding water and you need to drink less of it. It is completely possible - and unhealthy - to drink too much water! It thins the blood to the point where it makes a heart attack more likely, among other things.

An article from our dear Stumptuous about over-hydrating:
    http://www.stumptuous.com/waterlogged-tim-noakes
    I'm going to disagree with this. It's isn't as hard and fast as all that. I'm often dehydrated and I (lately) try to drink water a lot to compensate for this, I urinate a lot, and it's clear about 80% of the time. It's not at all because I'm drinking too much water. If i didn't drink as much water as I do (not much, just a normal amount, really) I would be dehydrated.

Before this however I'd drink water once a week or something. If that much. I was terrible, but I'd still have mostly clear urine. (My kidneys are fine.)