ooooookay, stupid deed for the day!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • two trees at the back of the property have to come down. they're only spindly things but they're tall - poplars.

the only thing i've got is my 8lb maul - its' a splitting axe, not a cutting axe, but i figure if i sharpen it and giver, i should be able to get at least one of those trees down.

i'll post pics.
  • Lol, please do!
  • *sigh*

only in my house would i send a text message to whatever-he-is-today reading

"where's my axe?"

and his reply: "i put it in the pantry - check behind the flour"

seriously: who puts an axe in the pantry? what, in case of mice or something?
  • Quote: *sigh*

"where's my axe?"

lmao. is that really where it is? if I got a txt like that from my SO i would think he was kidding. i guess if someone breaks in you can pull an axe on them, though.
  • hahaha, ahh the old pantry axe. Can't beat it. I keep mine in the fuel shed but y'know I'm weird.

Good luck!
  • Quote: *sigh*

"where's my axe?"

you make me laugh so many times on this forum threenorns. thank you so much for that! LOL

• dog checking out the axe

cat checking out the axe

NOW i'm worried.
  • so The Felling of The Tree started with high hopes and merry spirits but alas - as things oft do, they went awry (the pictures are clickable links to vids) - but at least it was one heck of a good workout!:

video #1:

video #2:

video #3:

video #4:
  • I got to reading to this point...
    Quote: the only thing i've got is my 8lb maul - its' a splitting axe, not a cutting axe, but i figure if i sharpen it and giver, i should be able to get at least one of those trees down.
    and thought OH NO she had a horrible accident!!! then read -

Quote: i'll post pics.
    Oh good!! if she can post, she has her hands and feet

then read -

Quote: *sigh*

"where's my axe?"

and THEN saw the pic of the kitty sniffing the tool...okay, maybe it does smell like felled mice

thank you for the laugh today!!! Oh and best wishes on the tree(s), that IS frustrating to take matters in your own hands but then have them not come out the way you want!
  • Ok, I was really nervous watching those videos.
    I had a friend who got killed by a tree snapping back and hitting him in the chest.
    Please be careful !!
  • :-) If I had a pantry...and an axe, it's conceivable they'd be together. As is I'm a city girl who keeps her power tools in the dining room. (It makes sense because the project/work table is also the dining room table!)
  • Your story made me smile Pantry axe, sounds legit. I'm always a bit frightened when it comes to stuff like this, I keep imagining I'd get trapped under a falling tree. Those trees as kinda tall as well. You sure had your share of exercising today.
  • i've downed a few trees - i'm not a lumberjack by any stretch so i didn't even try to have the tree fall into the swamp out back. i just cut it so it would go with the lean which luckily should've taken it straight into a nice clear area of the yard.

but i seriously didn't think the branches on the next tree over would be strong enough to hold it up. when whatever-he-is-today gets home, i'll get him to pull the thing down with the car using the dog leash (it's 50ft long).
  • Ahhhhhhhh, pantry axe I know you well. I got a hatchet from my fiances best friend for valentines day...we have a weird relationship lol I kept my hatchet beside my bed for easy spider killing when I lived with my mother. Until her lousy boyfriend stole it! I miss my hatchet and no, I'm not as weird as that post made me sound...or maybe I am, but in a good way...I think...oh well. Congrats on the tree felling, quite a bit of exercise too!
  • On a lighter note, @ least you didn't make a typo in your text & ask him "Where is my ex!?!?"