IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/17/12

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Yesterday i had the worst night since being on IP for 3 weeks. I tried rhubard for the first time. I also ate some zucchini and a pork chop. Before I could finish my evening meal I threw it up. I forgot to mention that it is TOM. I noticed that since TOM has been here I havent had much of an appetite. Now I'm wondering if I got nauseated because of the rhubard, TOM, or eating a sizable meal after eating light all day? I only tasted a tiny bit of the rhubard so I dont think it was a lot to get me sick. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have a good IP week everyone!

Starting wt: 233
    Wk #1 -4
    Wk #2 -5
    Maybe you just had a stomach bug, I hope you are feeling better today. When you say eating a sizable meal, just what are you eating? You should be eating your 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies and that is it. You should be having this every night.
  • Good morning, everyone! Today marks the one month point for me, and I am down almost exactly 20 pounds according to my scale. My husband is down 27. Woo hoo!

I put on my workout capris this morning before I started cleaning house and I've been hiking them up all morning - they just don't want to stay on my butt! No complaints here, though.

Have a great day!
  • Welcome Back Mustang Molly. I am back too. I fell off the wagon as well. I did it the wrong way and boy was it hard. I craved junk...ate it...and felt horrible. Our bodies do not want all the processed foods and sugar. I am looking forward to getting back on track and feeling better.
    I like hearing about the right way and wrong way to phase off. One of the reasons I signed up for the program was the phasing. I don't to go through all this, lose the weight then go back to my same bad habits. I am hoping when it is time for me to start phasing off, that I see the difference and stick with the maintenance. I HAVE TO.

Good luck.

Quote: Good morning everyone, I've been away from the boards for a bit and it's so good to get back and read about everyone's success. I had a bit of a "fall off the wagon" but am back on plan again. It was truly an eye opener to see how awful I felt when I ate some not so good for you food. I did the mini-phase off for a vacation and made good food choices and didn't feel bad physicall, boy oh boy was it a different story this past week. I read some advice Wuv gave someone about phasing off properly if you are going to take a break from the diet and I have to say she is right. After being off the diet the right way and the wrong way I can tell you it makes a big difference---that and making good food choices. Have a great day everyone.
  • Quote: Good morning, everyone! Today marks the one month point for me, and I am down almost exactly 20 pounds according to my scale. My husband is down 27. Woo hoo!

I put on my workout capris this morning before I started cleaning house and I've been hiking them up all morning - they just don't want to stay on my butt! No complaints here, though.

Have a great day!
    I used safety pins for awhile until it was getting ridiculous and I had to buy some interim pants...
  • Quote: Good morning, everyone! Today marks the one month point for me, and I am down almost exactly 20 pounds according to my scale. My husband is down 27. Woo hoo!

Have a great day!

Congrats!

I'm back from my first WI and I'm down 7.5 lbs and 4 1/4". I'm very pleased with that and ready to start week 2
  • Hi MickeyMom, it's good to see you back. Good luck to you getting back on plan, we both know we can do it!
  • So proud of myself....today was the brunch. I did not touch the incredibly delicious plate of breads/muffins/etc nor did I touch the hash browns on my plate. I was able to get a veggie omelet minus the herb cream cheese from the fixed menu. Yay me! I stayed OP.

Y'all are a chatty group! I'm just checking in for the today and already 4 pages long! I promise I read all the posts and enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.
  • Quote: Good morning I P family!

Good news / Bad news today.

Bad first... I don't think I got all my veggies in yesterday.... I hope it doesn't ruin my loss this week. and the reason why is...

My good news! My DD delivered a baby girl yesterday! (so, I was at hospital all day, which is why not as many veggies as I should have. But I did drink a lot of water and went to the cafe and had the worst hamburger patty and overcooked cauliflower ever - in an attempt to stay OP!)
    Welcome to Aubrey Grace!!!
    Congrats to the new addition, you did well for having crappy choices!

Quote: Congrats!

I'm back from my first WI and I'm down 7.5 lbs and 4 1/4". I'm very pleased with that and ready to start week 2
    That is an amazing loss, good for you!

Quote: So proud of myself....today was the brunch. I did not touch the incredibly delicious plate of breads/muffins/etc nor did I touch the hash browns on my plate. I was able to get a veggie omelet minus the herb cream cheese from the fixed menu. Yay me! I stayed OP.

Y'all are a chatty group! I'm just checking in for the today and already 4 pages long! I promise I read all the posts and enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.
    Good for you for staying OP. It is difficult faced with those situations, and on any other diet I would have caved..........this time it is different. Being on this diet, I now know that I am a carb junky and need to stay away from all that sugar!
  • Good day everyone, lots of post today, wish I could reply to everyone, but then I would get nothing done to my house LOL.

Went to the gym (20 min cardio, 40 min weights), then a little shopping, came home and didn't feel like cooking, but tried the orange pancake......epic fail....not sure what I did wrong, maybe too much water??? Garbage anyway, but I am not a fan of lemony, citrusy things anyway, so I likely would not have liked it. So I had the omlette and added mushrooms and shaved zucchini, it was alright.

Now I am going to put some laundry away, poop scoop the yard and take the dogs for a bike ride, before the kiddies get home from school.....living the dream:S Don't you all be jealous of the laundry and poop scooping....it is all mine!
  • Quote: Congratulations on the upcoming wedding...

The 3rd, and sometimes the 4th week are notorious for smaller weight losses because you generally loose so much the first two weeks. Your body just needs to catch it's breath before moving on.

I have had a bar everyday since day one, and I'm happy with my weight loss.

Congratulations on your new granddaughter!

Back from my WI and down another 2 pounds and 1 inch. That brings me to 82 pounds and 49 1/2 inches at exactly 7 months today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Way to go, that is great you are down 82 pounds, keep up the good work.
  • Why do you plateau on IP?
  • So, here's what I learned today. Some of you may recall me bringing up the topic of the BlueCran Granata drink not qualifying as a protein. Sometimes, wording of sentences can make a huge difference! This topic was still coming up between myself and my coach and myself and another coach who owns the store that sells ideal protein that I buy all my Walden Farm supplies from. Here is the final verdict that I received this morning directly from an Ideal Protein Client Relations rep. The BlueCran Granata is a protein drink BUT does not classify as one of the daily 3 proteins. It can be taken in ADDITION to your 3 daily proteins to assist with skin elasticity and should only be used every couple of days. So basically, since day 1, I've been using Blue Cran as one of my daily 3 and really have been only taking 2 because it doesn't count. I have now replied inquiry about the other drinks, such as, Orange, Pina Coloda, Pineapple Banana, Pink Lemonade because that is what I mainly use for IP Products. Other than some bars once in awhile. With that being said, I would encourage you to inquiry with your coach and I would love to hear what other coaches are saying. I feel like I should go with what the IP Client Repations says but I have trust in my coach. Would love to hear anyones thoughts on the topic.
  • Quote: Way to go, that is great you are down 82 pounds, keep up the good work.
    Thanks so much! I can't believe how fast these last seven months have flown by. I know having y'all here for support has made all the difference in the world.
  • Welcome back to folks who have "fallen of the wagon" for a time and returned. Congrats to all on their SVs & NSVs. I am in such an "in-between state" right now. My 20s are loose but 18s don't fit quite yet and I admit I am impatient. I just need to keep drinking all my water, walking & staying on plan.
    "Just keep swimming"

My DD had her call-back auditions for Annie last night. She did well, but they still have about 20 really talented girls to choose from for only 7 speaking parts. We will know more on Wednesday...

Have a great day!
    I too have lost 20lbs in 4 weeks and I just made my hubby bring the sewing machine upstaires this morning...looks like I have some alterations to do! My pants are falling off and the crotch is hanging at my knees! Then again this is a good thing, but kinda funny too!