IP Daily Chat, Monday, April 16, 2012

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Morning everyone,

Got myself on the scale this morning, and I seem to be at the same weight I was when I weighed myself on April 7th. Seem to have hit a wall, and I don't really feel as though I'm on Ketosis anymore. The only thing I've been a bit lazy with is maybe eating enough vegetables, would that actually take you off ketosis by not eating enough? I always make sure to get my 3 Ideal Protein packs in a day... I just find I'm never hungry
    You may just be retaining water for some reason (sick, Tom). And if you aren't hungry you are still in ketosis!!! You would be ravonous if you kicked yourself out from what I hear. If you haven't done anything to kick yourself out of ketosis, then you are probably just retaining water. Happens to me often. Just keep swimming, the weight will come off!!!
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Just saying hello here for the day... I'm a second timer. This is my 1st WI since I have been back OP, doing it alternative on my own this time. I had to drive 100 miles to go to clinic and the cost of IP made me choose alternative. I'm down 13# for my 1st WI, somethings working. I pray that I complete my journey this time. All of the great support that I find on here will help. Thanks to all of you out there and have a great week!!
  • I have not posted in a bit, but have quickly checked in some. I think I need to check in more!! Seems when I get too busy and don"t do the things that have been my routine while on IP, it is harder for me!

It was great to open the chat thread and read the encouraging words from Sewmam, Wuv and others. It helps me to see that others have challenges on some days too. This truly has been a process and journey of changing my life and it, of course, has its bumps and grinds. Seems much of my brain loves the status quo and has to be brought along with new things!

In the past several days, I have gotten myself toooo busy. I am coming to realize a life full of activity is not necessarily a fuller life! But, I have had to find things to replace my snacking time during the day or old habits would knock on the door. I also have been so excited about my new energy that I kinda went crazy enjoying busy-ness!

But, recently, I think I got nearly hectic. Noted my water consumption took a dive. I hate that as I know it is inportant to weght loss and my body functions better when I get it in. I did some self sabotage, I see. I am getting used to this being a process with me and woke up today ready to re-assess and find a way to make the plan work for me. I used to be such an all-or-nothing person and would get upset with poor goal performance. I am learning lack of perfection does not mean I should give up. It is actually a NORMAL thing. Darn perfectionist messages I had running in my head!

I could obsess on the idea that my actual "scale performance" may not be great this week, but I think I will try to concentrate on how good I feel! Laugh at the fact that now , at stores, people who have known me for years do not even realize it is me beside them!

Hoping for a good day for everyone on IP trying to improve their life! Thanks to all of you who take a few minutes out of your day to post or respond on here! Carry on, and most of all, tell yourself that you LOVE you today!
  • First day of IP
    Greetings everyone! Today is my first day on IP. A friend of mine lost 60 pounds last year by modifying IP because the cost was too high to follow the exact program. Has anyone else done this? Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Quote: Morning everyone,

Got myself on the scale this morning, and I seem to be at the same weight I was when I weighed myself on April 7th. Seem to have hit a wall, and I don't really feel as though I'm on Ketosis anymore. The only thing I've been a bit lazy with is maybe eating enough vegetables, would that actually take you off ketosis by not eating enough? I always make sure to get my 3 Ideal Protein packs in a day... I just find I'm never hungry
    EAT YOUR VEGGIES they are a very important part of the process, its the combination of the veggies and the packets that make this program work...EAT YOUR VEGGIES!!!!...eat them as a snack if you have to, do what you have to, to get them in!

Quote: Just saying hello here for the day... I'm a second timer. This is my 1st WI since I have been back OP, doing it alternative on my own this time. I had to drive 100 miles to go to clinic and the cost of IP made me choose alternative. I'm down 13# for my 1st WI, somethings working. I pray that I complete my journey this time. All of the great support that I find on here will help. Thanks to all of you out there and have a great week!!
    Welcome back, you know the program works so jump back in 100% and get it done!

Quote: I have not posted in a bit, but have quickly checked in some. I think I need to check in more!! Seems when I get too busy and don"t do the things that have been my routine while on IP, it is harder for me!

It was great to open the chat thread and read the encouraging words from Sewmam, Wuv and others. It helps me to see that others have challenges on some days too. This truly has been a process and journey of changing my life and it, of course, has its bumps and grinds. Seems much of my brain loves the status quo and has to be brought along with new things!

In the past several days, I have gotten myself toooo busy. I am coming to realize a life full of activity is not necessarily a fuller life! But, I have had to find things to replace my snacking time during the day or old habits would knock on the door. I also have been so excited about my new energy that I kinda went crazy enjoying busy-ness!

But, recently, I think I got nearly hectic. Noted my water consumption took a dive. I hate that as I know it is inportant to weght loss and my body functions better when I get it in. I did some self sabotage, I see. I am getting used to this being a process with me and woke up today ready to re-assess and find a way to make the plan work for me. I used to be such an all-or-nothing person and would get upset with poor goal performance. I am learning lack of perfection does not mean I should give up. It is actually a NORMAL thing. Darn perfectionist messages I had running in my head!

I could obsess on the idea that my actual "scale performance" may not be great this week, but I think I will try to concentrate on how good I feel! Laugh at the fact that now , at stores, people who have known me for years do not even realize it is me beside them!

Hoping for a good day for everyone on IP trying to improve their life! Thanks to all of you who take a few minutes out of your day to post or respond on here! Carry on, and most of all, tell yourself that you LOVE you today!
    I step on my Wii a couple of days during the week just to see the "number" and its been making me smile....lol....I go by how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling more than the scale. When the numbers go down of course it makes me happy but when I can do something I am not used of doing or a pair of pants that I couldn't fit in before fit now make me feel even better. I sometimes have to set my cell phone alarm to remind me to eat lunch because I get so busy....lol...hectic is right....lol

Quote: Greetings everyone! Today is my first day on IP. A friend of mine lost 60 pounds last year by modifying IP because the cost was too high to follow the exact program. Has anyone else done this? Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    Welcome there are a couple of threads on alternatives floating around, check those out for modifying!
  • Thank you!
    You look wonderful!!! How encouraging!
  • Quote: Good Morning Everybody
    It is going to be almost 90 degrees here in NJ today... Yes, 90 degrees in the middle of April. Might just have to go out and get some tan to this body today. Also going to the doc to get the results to my 3 month blood workup. I am excited to see if my sugar and triglycerides went down since being on IP. (Before IP I was very high on the pre diabetic scale and my triglycerides were over 700).
    Will check in later, I hope everyone has a great day!!!
    Hope you get great results at the doctors.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Not much happening here other than I was going to take my daughter clothes shopping this morning before her classes start, but she's not feeling well now. Yesterday was her first "cheat day" since starting phase 4 this past week. She totally over did it, and now is feeling the price. I think she has learned her lesson and will take it a bit easier next weekend when she has another free day. In the meantime she is back to phase one for a day.
  • Good morning all!
    Starting Third week WI-3 I'm down 7 pounds.
    Not bad for 2 weeks IP! Loving this plan!!!
  • Quote: Just saying hello here for the day... I'm a second timer. This is my 1st WI since I have been back OP, doing it alternative on my own this time. I had to drive 100 miles to go to clinic and the cost of IP made me choose alternative. I'm down 13# for my 1st WI, somethings working. I pray that I complete my journey this time. All of the great support that I find on here will help. Thanks to all of you out there and have a great week!!
    Congratulations on that weigh in!! Glad you are back in the process and you can get it done this time! My son is doing alternatives program along with me doing IP. He has great results. Keep going!
  • Quote: I have not posted in a bit, but have quickly checked in some. I think I need to check in more!! Seems when I get too busy and don"t do the things that have been my routine while on IP, it is harder for me!

This is proof that IP is a personal journey. Your journey is yours alone. Everyones journey will be diffenent. Your journey is doing what it needs to do for IP to change your life forever. Sounds like it is working for you
  • Hi all! Busy few days so I'm finally getting a chance to check in.

Ended up doing some cross border shopping and got some new clothes. Imagine my surprise when I fit into pants that were size 20 and I'd been wearing 28's only a month and a half ago! So exciting. And size 18/20 tops? Insanity! Felt really, really good.

Also had a blast just walking through a US grocery store. Picked up a few salad dressings that we know are okay and had a total score on the 4c Totally Light drink crystals. Here they're $7.39 a box. Tops had them on for $5.39 which was good enough - but then they had a buy one get one free sale going on! Needless to say we bought lots. And lots of the Mio flavours that we can't get here either. Good day, good day.
  • today isn't my weigh in day but i weighed my self at home and i only have .5 of a lb to loose till i reach 55lbs lost and i go from being "overweight" to being "normal" on the BMI scale!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
  • Quote: today isn't my weigh in day but i weighed my self at home and i only have .5 of a lb to loose till i reach 55lbs lost and i go from being "overweight" to being "normal" on the BMI scale!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
    Great victory!!!
  • Hello everyone. The weather her in VT is wonderful too, it's in the low 80's now.

Today is my first day back to full duty at work following hand surgery, it's been 6 weeks. It feels good to be back. The uniform I put on this morning is one I bought a year ago and it was too small then, I never wore it. Today I reached for it and it's a little too big. Had to cinch my belt up to hold up my pants! What a good feeling. I also wear a duty/gun belt and had to bring that in to the smallest notch to get it to fit. I am going to keep it and have a local leather shop put some new holes in it!

Have a great OP day.