IP Weekend Chat Sat 4/14 - Sun 4/15

You're on Page 12 of 12
Go to
  • Perhaps some egg, or egg whites to make it stick. Also, something that really helps a burger not crumble is handling.... really work the meat when making the patties. It makes it more solid, and less breaking occurs. So get deep in the bowl!!

I tried the kale chips today. Not too bad, odd looking, some over cooked, some not fully. However, not bad at all. Mouth tasted like turnip after lol. Coincidentally this evening I tried making Turnip chips. I cut it way too thin apparently, and boiled for 4 mins prehand.. all obvious mistakes, and cooked them two separate ways, actifry one, and baked the other.. Neither were nice. Way too thin, I think!
  • OHHHHH....wanted to share with everyone what I found out through a coach on FB....Powerade Zero is NOW ALLOWED and on protocol!! Thanks to the Austin clinic for posting here is exactly what she said.....

"Breaking News!!! We are at the IP Conference and we just learned from Michael Ciell, R. PH, IP's Chief Science Officer, that Powerade Zero is OK!!! Enjoy!!!

Thanks Wuv! You are looking stellar!
  • Thank you everyone for all the suggestions for the hamburger patties, can't wait to try them. Hope it's nicer this week so we can BBQ, it's been raining and trying to snow here for the last few days. Have a great OP week everyone!
  • You can use a gas grill at 0 degrees. We Alaskans grill almost all year long
  • We have our winter BBQ's too! It hasn't snowed in Vermillion? We got dumped on in Edmonton all yesterday! Well, I hope it totally skips you guys, it has been rotten!
  • I have some extra shredded zucchini in my fridge so I'm going to try making zucchini turkey patties tonight. Maybe 1 egg and 1 egg white, shredded zucchini, spices and extra lean ground turkey. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

Edit: I found finn's baked meatloaf recipe which is very similar! Going to try it! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4096085-post199.html