Losing my taste for meat

• Hello all happy Friday!!

I have been on IP for about 4 weeks and I am losing my taste for meat especially this week. I can't stand the idea of my protein meal it tastes weird and I almost feel sick to my stomach. I have been eating a lot of eggs but I am even getting tired of those Has this happened to anyone else? I have a lot of weight to go do I have to eat meat or can I just have a 4th IP and get my veggies in?
  • Quote: Hello all happy Friday!!

I have been on IP for about 4 weeks and I am losing my taste for meat especially this week. I can't stand the idea of my protein meal it tastes weird and I almost feel sick to my stomach. I have been eating a lot of eggs but I am even getting tired of those Has this happened to anyone else? I have a lot of weight to go do I have to eat meat or can I just have a 4th IP and get my veggies in?
    Have you tried some vegan protein choices like Seitan or tofu? I frequently have Seitan and it doesn't seem to affect weight loss. There's another vegetarian on here named LongDivision and she did IP eating only eggs and vegan protein sources. She lost 93 lbs in 6 months.
  • Are you switching up your meats and trying different combinations of seasonings. I really REALLY plan on keeping it switched it up so I don't get bored. But even then I can get tired of chicken..usually I'll just look for a different different recipe. Lately I've been trying different fish, I'm going to have pickerel tonight and basa this weekend and probably salmon later on during the week. So I know I have the fish covered this week but last week I ate mostly chicken.

Quite honestly I never had eggs for a meal until the last month or so and right now it's because it's 'quick' more so then 'lean'. I've been spinning in my life and I found if I plan a few meals ahead of time and keep the different types of meat I don't get 'tired'. But at least recognizing your tired of it will help you find different ideas!
  • Have you tried the WF BBQ sauce on chicken, steak, even wild salmon?
  • I alternated the meat with eggs and Morning Star products - in the freezer section of the grocery store. They are pretty good. Check with your coach though, because they do have more carbs, so you want to watch how many you have. I also started adding a plain soy protein powder that has no carbs, just protein, to smoothies. Got it at the the health food store.

Don't know if you like fish, but that can add variety too. Expensive, but tasty.
  • Also, as an occasional treat, I have used a slice of veggie cheese on my burger or eggs. Helped me a lot. If you are concerned with any of these suggestions, please check with your coach. Some folks are ok with a slight variation like this, others feel that if it is not on the sheet, they are not gonna touch it. To each his/her own.
  • Quote: Hello all happy Friday!!

Yes! I tried tofu and love it! Oddly i ate so much of it that I went back to flank steak today!!! My staple for a while was eggs or tofu. Flank steak is good (to me) stir "fried" with soy sauce!