Anyone interested in starting a 9 or 12 week challenge?

You're on Page 4 of 15
Go to
  • Same deal for me. I joined the six week one, but I know losing 60 pounds is going to take long-term support. 25 pounds in 12 weeks it is, then.

Slim-fast and calorie counting have been the only things that have ever worked for me. I aim for no more than 1400 calories day because I really haven't been able to get back on the exercise bandwagon. More walks for me!

Good luck, everyone!
  • Well I went to a ladies night last night. I was a little worried about it at first just because I know no one else there is calorie counting and no one knew that I was calorie counting except one friend there. I ended having 3 small crab legs that were on one bunch. And then there was alcohol. I am a social drinker at parties and such but I never drink at home or anything. They had 3 different mixed drinks (that I know were packed full of sugar) and different wines. I made a cup of Magarita ( not the best option) but I only ended up drinking about half of the cup. The ONLY person there that kept trying to get me to drink more was the ONLY person there that knew that I was calorie counting. Shes overweight and ALWAYS complains about it but never does anything about it. I seriously was thinking last night that she wanted me to fail on my weight loss so she wouldnt be overweight alone. After last night I am seriously debating on whether or not I can keep a friendship with her. Its not that I need her to encourage me or anything but I dont want anyone around with the attitude that she has. I literally felt the whole time I was there that she kept saying drink this drink that eat this eat that. What are you alls opinion on this? Am I overreacting?
  • ashmarie- I had the same issue with some friends.. and ended up having to stop hanging out with them. For me, to change my behavior I had to change almost everything. Having enabler friends who want you to stay overweight is definitely hard, especially if they feel like you are leaving them behind. Misery loves company and all that.
    You have to do what's right for you.. but remember, there will always be someone at the party (or lunch or wherever) that encourages you to be unhealthy. That's where that lovely self control comes into play.

p.s. we're the same height! I'm at your starting weight now, can't wait to catch up with you
  • Ashmarie- no! How rude. She is obviously more concerned about herself than you, an unattractive quality in a friend. I know a lot of people like that and it makes me nervous about what will happen when it becomes obvious I'm losing weight. I think the best think to do is distance yourself until she figures her own stuff out. That would seriously fly all over me but maybe a better option would be explaining to her why what she did is totally not okay. I feel kind of guilty to admit this but I drank 700 CALORIES of wine and whiskey last night. But I stayed under calories. I didn't eat much at all, but I wasn't hungry, which was surprising, but probably I was just drunk. Lol. I don't want to do that on any kind of regular basis though, and I certainly wouldn't respond well to someone trying to force me to drink to make me gain weight! Ugh! Uncool.

Mirax3- is 30DS as terrifying as it looks? I've always wanted to try it but I'm scared. I have a belly dancing tape, a Pilates tape and wii fit. I'm having trouble getting into the exercise spirit. Last night I did calinsthetics , crunches and leg lifts and squats and lunges and push-ups and jogging in place. I'm trying to add it in. But I'm losing 1lb a day right now on 1700 calories with no exercise, so I'm not super upset about my lack of exercise, but I'd like to find something I like that packs a punch. And yeah I calorie count to the bitter end. It's by far the best plan in my opinion. It allows me to drink 700 calories of alcohol and still see a loss the next day. And I never feel deprived. It's great.

Okay I weighed in at 255 today which is AWESOME because it means I'm back down to my pre-holiday weight. Also, I'm halfway through the 250s and 3 lbs away from 10 lbs total loss. I'm fighting my instinct to be impatient and want to be down to 249 NOW (in fact I'm ready to be 153 NOW). I keep getting antsy and obsessed with whether i'll show a loss in the morning. It helps to keep me from snacking at night when I want to but it also kind of gives me a weird, white knuckle feeling. I have thought about switching to weekly weigh-ins but daily ones really motivate me and keep me accountable. What do you ladies do, daily or weekly? Which do you think works best?
  • Kay7jay I think thats seriously what I am gonna have to do is cut her off. We have been friends for 11yrs but my health is more important. I added you on Myfitnesspal and I cant wait to see you catch up with me too. I love finding people that are the same height/weight as me lol. I think we both are going to do great
  • Munchie: I am gonna have to stay from around her and 700 calories at least you werent drunk enough that you forgot to count them at least. And yay for still being under!
  • Quote: Munchie: I am gonna have to stay from around her and 700 calories at least you werent drunk enough that you forgot to count them at least. And yay for still being under!
    Haha I love my iPhone. Being drunk is no excuse not to count calories! I'm kind of obsessed with my calorie counter actually I'm on it for like an hour or two a day. I plan everything out and then continually tweak it all day. Kind of weird.
  • Quote: Haha I love my iPhone. Being drunk is no excuse not to count calories! I'm kind of obsessed with my calorie counter actually I'm on it for like an hour or two a day. I plan everything out and then continually tweak it all day. Kind of weird.
    No not weird at all. I spend all day on my phone just for calorie counting lol. I love my apps. I have a ton that I currently use but my faves are the Myfitnesspal & BodyMonitor.
  • Quote: No not weird at all. I spend all day on my phone just for calorie counting lol. I love my apps. I have a ton that I currently use but my faves are the Myfitnesspal & BodyMonitor.
    I'm going to check out body monitor, what does that one do?
    I find that it's kind of necessary, at least for me, to be a little obsessed in order to succeed with weight loss. I find it I try to eat intuitively, which I so badly want to be able to do, I inevitably drift upwards of 2000 calories every day and go off plan. Boo. It helps me to thnk of it as a big project, and to do research and homework and careful planning. I enjoy it. I do kind of hope that when I'm maintaining I won't have to be obsessive about it in order to keep the weight off. But maybe some of us just have to always be aware. Small price to pay for amazing beauty. Har har.
  • BodyMonitor is an app where you can record all your current measurements. And it will measure your body fat. Ill list mine as an example, I think I am going to measure once a week. I just started measuring 2 days ago on the 12th but this is everything: (Done on Thursday)
    Weight: 225.4
    Height: 5'9"
    Body Fat: 40.76%
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 50.5
    Chest: 41
    Calves: 16.25
    Thigh: 30.5
    Neck: 14
    Upper Arms: 14
    Wrist: 7
  • Quote: BodyMonitor is an app where you can record all your current measurements. And it will measure your body fat. Ill list mine as an example, I think I am going to measure once a week. I just started measuring 2 days ago on the 12th but this is everything: (Done on Thursday)
    Weight: 225.4
    Height: 5'9"
    Body Fat: 40.76%
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 50.5
    Chest: 41
    Calves: 16.25
    Thigh: 30.5
    Neck: 14
    Upper Arms: 14
    Wrist: 7
    Great, I've been wanting to figure my body fat % and measurements are a great inspiration.
  • Yea I know I weight a lot and I wear a 14 but I never would have that my body fat was that high! Its insane.
  • munchievictim- That's awesome, it seems like you are starting to do some really good work outs! 30DS sucks the first day you do it. After that, it gets easier and easier until you switch levels (there are 3). I am on the 2nd level and it is challenging but awesome! I'm already losing inches and toning up and I haven't been doing it long. Belly dancing is awesome exercise too and you just reminded me I should try that again!!

Ashmarie- I know the feeling and it is SO hard when people are trying to convince you to consume more. I don't drink but my friends do that with food. Bottom line is that if your friend is aware you are losing weight, she should be sensitive of that regardless of her own problems with her weight. Maybe next time find another friend that will understand and be supportive and tell her to keep an eye on how much you are drinking.
  • Today for me is going pretty well. No exercise today because I ran 2 miles last night and did weight training (my legs need a break ). I woke up and had a handful of organic trail mix and then a protein bar in the afternoon. Just finished a chicken kabob salad and scarfed down a cookie after that. Oh well, still within calories so far.

Hope you guys are doing well today!
  • Quote: Today for me is going pretty well. No exercise today because I ran 2 miles last night and did weight training (my legs need a break ). I woke up and had a handful of organic trail mix and then a protein bar in the afternoon. Just finished a chicken kabob salad and scarfed down a cookie after that. Oh well, still within calories so far.

Hope you guys are doing well today!
    Im so jealous of you lol. I dream of being a runner. Im reading all these posts about people my weight doing P90x, Insanity and running. I wouldnt be able to do 10mins. Im lucky if I am not out of breath from WALKING 3 miles.