Weight Watchers and Counting Carbs?

• Hello! Just wondering if anyone here is doing weight watchers as well as counting carbs. I have been thinking about going to weight watchers, but I wasn't sure if counting carbs and points would be to complicated. I have hyperinsulenmia (high insulin levels) and my doctor has me on 30 carbs at meals and 2 snacks at 15 carbs. He also has said I should eat protein any time I eat carbs. I would love to hear from anyone that has tried to combine these 2 ways of eating. How has it worked for you? Do you have any suggestions?
  • Hi vshall, maybe try asking this question in the low-carb section. I know that a couple of people in the past have tried doing ww with lower carbs.
  • Hi,
    Personally, I have a problem with carbs. I did Atkins during Lent last year, and I felt great (!!) and lost about 15 pounds in the 40 days or so. However, I was about to hurl if I had to even look at another piece of meat (especially since I was not big on meat to begin with). Having had success at WW, I started back figuring I would just count the carbs along. I don't count them, but I am more aware of my carb servings (e.g., 1 pasta meal per week instead of 4 or 5) and always eat my carbs with some sort of protein (apparently this is nutrionally and diabetically better for you). But, now that you've brought it up, I am going to try and actually count my carbs along with the plan. It's a good idea and not that much trouble (especially if it's important to you--just do it). How's it going with you? Are you counting carbs and doing WW? Challenges? One of my big challenges is that I don't always have meat in meals, so sometimes it's beans and rice, or brown rice and veggies, or pasta and tomatoes/veggies. Let me know how you're making out. I'd be curious.