Best juicer for little $

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good idea! I also save the pulp and put it in the composter. Zero waste
  • Quote: Good idea! I also save the pulp and put it in the composter. Zero waste
    Super idea... I don't have a composter. It would also be good to put on people's gardens... of course I don't have one of those either.

The recipe book that came with mine had some good recipes for muffins and stuff using the pulp... except LOL I would never make that either.
  • There is an article in First magazine on juicing. They say the Hamilton Beach Big mouth jicer is as good as the expensive ones. It is $79 on amazon.com; unfortunately more in Canada.I got one for $119 at Canadian Tire today.
  • I have the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth and got it at Best Buy for $53! If you check their site, the often have them on sale.
  • Quote: I have the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth and got it at Best Buy for $53! If you check their site, the often have them on sale.
    Are you in Canada? They are much more expensive here than in the US.
  • I have a Breville and love it. I've had it for 2 years and have never had any problems. Only thing I hate is the clean up!
  • Very informative thread.
  • I have an Omega 8006, $300 @ Amazon. Love it.
    I use lots of kale, carrots, apples, ginger, lemon, daikon, sweet peppers, what ever looks good to me. I cut up the carrots and apples, but the kale can go in big end down one after the other, it's really quite fast and makes delicious juice. I make enough for a couple of days put it in a glass jar in frig.