Anyone familiar with the protein sparing modified fast?

• Hello!

My doc and nutritionist put me on the Protein Sparing Modified Fast. Does anyone have any experience with this? Its VERY low carb and only like 900 calories a day. Its so hard but I have lost 15lbs in the last two weeks. I am having such a hard time finding new recipes because practically everything is off limits. Any feedback??
  • You might check out the Ideal Protein board on this forum. It is a PSMF diet and they have TONS of ideas/recipes. It is now located under the pre-packaged section on the boards. GL! I love the PSMF way to lose weight
  • I have lots of experience with it. A buddy of mine, Lyle McDonald, wrote an awesome book about it. I've used it with some of my clients. I've experimented with it myself. But unfortunately I'm a "robot eater." I don't spend a lot of time experimenting with recipes and such.

The section of the forum mentioned above sounds promising.

Also, I don't want to get flagged for spamming, but if you simply google "psmf recipes" I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Ideal protein is a good psmf. Great results!
  • yep, I'm on PSMF too - for about 7 weeks - how are you doing? I've lost about 50 lbs, but it is boring and hard!