March Madness

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Okay...chat time for March. Is anyone doing anything for Spring break? I know colleges have their Spring break this month. Half the country takes Spring break the week before Easter, the second half, the week after. We are going to Vegas the week after. It was origionaly San Diego, but plans change. I am looking forward to seeing my mom and shopping. Vegas definately has its share of shopping. I never appreciated it before.

I saw the cutest capri nylon sweat suit at Walmart. But it only went to XL. No way am I gonna fit in an XL in misses yet. I saw another in knit, same sizing. The womens sizes were all the skin tight type of pant. Nope...not gonna happen. Who wants to see lycra pants that are tight with sweat spots on them?? They didn't think that one out very well. The other ones had flannel lining in them. Nope...I am hot enough while walking!!! So, I am going to go to Target on Wednesday (tomorrow) and check out their selection. Maybe get a few pairs of shorts too. And I want a spring purse, but don't tell Chris. He thinks I have too many already!!!!

My shins are starting to feel my walking effort. I can tell it is Spring. It is achy bones and muscle season! I have the car today. I have to take the youngest and oldest for immunizations today. I still have yet to find Cameron's shot card. I had it a few weeks ago when I made the appt with the county nurse. So what did I do with it??? I looked for 2 hours yesterday. Good thing I have til 3 to find it! So maddening. It will be a ta da day once I clean out my paperwork!

Come chat w/ me!!!
  • major Frequent flyer miles are taking me and hubby to Hawaii at the end of March and then just me for a girls weekend to London for Easter. I don't care squat about clothes, I just need some warmth! Using trips as goals though, plan to loose 8 more pounds for Hawaii and then 10 more for London. After that, all bets are off!
  • If anyone sees my head, will you hand it back to me so I can screw it on way tight! I am such a dodo bird today. I spent 4 hours looking for that stupid shot card and it was with Griffins in my freaking purse. But on the good side, my paper work has been purged and seperated! I finanly found my sons health insurance card. I placed in on top of the entertainment center! What was I thinking???? Okay...deep breath...shower and refocus. ~tootles
  • Don't have a real vacation planned, but that is okay for once!! Sometime in the next month my sister is going to Guatemala to get her baby boy, and when she gets back I am going to visit her in RI. I'm gonna be an Aunt for the first time!!!
  • when is spring break? does everyone get a holiday then or something?

*confused*

you would think I would remember this stuff but I guess I've been away too long!
  • I'm not going anywhere, but I took today off. I usually take one day a month to do whatever I want. I have the 3rd week in April off and will probably spend quite a bit of it with my mom helping her get things in order. (my dad passed away last August and she needs a change....perhaps a move). Last April I went to Vegas and had a great time, but spent about $600 in one week which to me is too much.

Dentrassi, I assume your sister is adopting? Rhat is really cool and in my dream life (and who knows perhaps in real life) I might someday adopt a baby. I do not have children and I am 33 so I do see this as a potential possiblility. Enjoy the new little one!!

In NY it is really the depths of winter. It's so sad because typically there would be very little snow and little flower tops just peaking out of the soil. Instead it is in the 20's and there is still 1-2 feet of snow over EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi
  • Yup! She's adopting. She went through in-vitro and it didn't work (as a matter of fact she recently had to have a hysterectomy.) She is 42, and she is a Lesbian, so there were some limits in terms of what was open to her. The baby was born last October. They make them wait 6 months, so we have all been going crazy!!! I am DONE having kids myself, and will enjoy being benevolent auntie who gets to spoil the kid rotten!!! (HEY! turnabout is fair play!!)
  • Spring break is normally a week before or after Easter for those who have children. And we know my whole life evolves around my boys. (trying to be sacastic, but sadly it is true)

Guess what...one of the credit bureaus finally got my credit cleared up!!! There is no mistakes on it. I am feeling faint. Now the other two companies are ignoring my written request that was certified. I have confirmation that they got it. Now...just a few more days and they have to erase my mistakes, even if they were legitimately mine!!!! But they weren't. Yippee.

I am buying myself a new diamond while in Vegas. My engagement ring was stollen a few years ago on Halloween. I had been loosing weight and when it was too cold I took it off so It wouldn't fall off. Well I never put it on right away. A few nights later, it wasn't there. I have my suspisions...so glad we moved.

Well, I have a tiny 1/4k ring on right now. My hands are too big for it. It needs more substance. So...we have been putting money aside to trade it in for a bigger ring. I get to pick out whatever my heart desires when we go to Vegas... We are teasing about getting married while we are down there. Shh...its secret. Don't want to annoy anyone if we change our minds and plan a big family wedding instead.

Well, off to do something constructive today. I feel like laying in bed watching chic flicks...but won't make it to my Easter goal doing that.
  • Well this month I'm in the midst of packing and changing utilities over to our NEW house! We take possession on March 31st so this is a busy month for me. Plus we have to buy a fridge and stove, washer and dryer.

In Ontario Canada, March break is this week here. And believe me, they are driving me nuts already! LOL
  • Sandi, I'm so sorry about your Dad. The first year is really difficult. I hope that you and your Mom are doing okay...

Flower, I'm being previous, but congratulations.

March break is going fairly well so far. The children are still alive, and I haven't had a nervous breakdown yet.
    DH has taken Thursday off just in case I lose my mind.
    Sweet man.
    He's also taking them out this evening, which is REALLY REALLY GOOD, because my son picked up a couple of whoopie cushions at the dollar store the other day, and he is driving me NUTS with them!!! Thank God he's cute.
  • Bah! I read the title of this thread and I thought you all were college basketball fans!!

And I just want to say...

BOOOOO Duke!
  • I grew up in Vegas and had enough UNLV Final Four basketball for an entire lifetime!!! I think the title came from some crazy furniture ad or car sales commercial running around in my head.
  • Ah, spring break! The girls are enjoying themselves enormously, watching movies, arranging their possessions, making 1000s of drawings. I let them make low fat cookies today and they turned out very well (yeah, I did have one!) - they like to cook, and so I am training them to make their own sandwiches and other simple things so that some day they will be making me pad thai or a lovely curry with chapatis (I can dream....!)

My DH is taking a day off too Ellis...like yours, a very nice guy indeed!

Not only are we not going anywhere exciting but they will be lucky if I take them grocery shopping! LOL, that'll be fun!

Lidian
  • Lidian, just why the heck should your children cook for YOU when you never cook for THEM!?
    I'm glad they're enjoying their break!
  • I am so glad everyone seems to be having a nice spring break, even if it isn't very spring like outside.

Den - let me tell you, being an aunt is the best! So is spoiling the little one rotten. I buy my nephew "Because it's Tuesday" or "I saw it and loved it" gifts. My nephew is the best thing that has happened to my sister, and the rest of us.

Ellis - I am glad you have not had your nervous breakdown yet, and your DH is wonderful.

Lidian - I taught my littlest sister how to make things in the microwave when she was little so she would stop asking us, I should have taught her how to cook for us.

Kelly - Good luck with all the moving!

Lunula - Um, Go what-ever-team-is-playing! Sorry, basketball is completely lost on me.

Flower - I hope you get a wonderful ring, and even maybe come back a Mrs.

Sandi - Mental health days from work are the best! And good luck with your mom.

ginya - Have fun with all your travel, you lucky chickie!

Rockette - nope, not everyone is off. I am stuck at work.

*** ok now for the not such fun stuff - so feel free to ignore the stuff below***
    It has been a long last few days.
    I am leaving work a little early tomorrow to help my sister pick out flower arrangements to send to the funeral home. We have orders from Heather's mom that they are suppose to be pink and tropical. No normal funeral type flowers.
    The thing that bothers me the most, is that this shouldn't have happened. Everyone tried to help, but she thought she was fine.
    The one thing that has stuck with me is, her mom said that this should be a reminder to talk to the people you want to and not put it off since you don't know how much longer you have.

Need some sleep,