First 10lbs gone

• I have finally lost my first 10. So glad to see it go...hoping a whole bunch more follow it!
  • CongrATs!! I love seeing those numbers go down! What have you been doing?! and how long did it take?
  • Congratulations on your loss so far!!!!
  • Woot! Grats on your first ten!
  • Quote: CongrATs!! I love seeing those numbers go down! What have you been doing?! and how long did it take?
    Thanks. I actually started way back in the end of January. I started weight watchers. And lost nothing. I know the program works for some but, not me. It wasn't until I started exercising(I see a personal trainer once a week). I work out every day(with the exception of a trip I took last weekend. I do an hour or more of cardio EVERYDAY. I know it sounds like I should rest but, I am one of those who CAN'T. If I don't go I won't go back...does that make sense? I also started counting calories. I stay within my cals everyday. Some days I eat crap but, if I do it's within my range. My first week I lost 2. My second I lost 3. Then I gained 6(water weight). I freaked out. But, my trainer had me come in and I was down 5% body fat according to the monitor. So I kept on trucking. The next week I had lost the 6 and two more. This week I am down another 3.

I learned I need to weigh everyday. A 6lb gain almost made me quit. I knew I hadn't eaten anything that would put on that weight but, it was the idea that I went up. So now I weigh everyday. I don't get discouraged when the scale goes up a pound or stays the same for a few days because I know in a few more days I will see a big drop.

I have a lot more to lose. But, I will get there....a few pounds at a time.

I love this board!
  • OMG I totally get the gym thing! Missing one day makes the next day even easier to skip! Is weight watchers just teaching portion control? or is it like curves where you exercise too? I'm debating on joining one or the other but my finances are pretty low so I'm sticking to calorie counting on myfitnesspal and my apartment gym!

Sounds like your own plan is working for you though! That's awesome! I love hearing when people lose weight without a program, gives me hope that I can lose this weight!
  • Congrats!! Keep up the good work!
  • Woooo good job