Going All The Weigh

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey gals. I just had a new inspiration, and I wanted to write about it. I sat here all day today, and thought about my life, my journy on weight loss. Its not been a pleasent one, but there is no one to blame but myself. I have taken the short cuts only to be left farther back than when I began. I have half a$$ done WW and it has taken double the time it should have to slim down. And tonight it hit me, why if I am investing all this time, money and hard work into this, why am I doing it half a$$. Why not bite down and do this thing right. Why not get the passion I have for everything else in my life and put it toward my plan. I guess you could say I finally heard that 'click' I've heard so many talking about, and you know what for the first time in a LONG time everything seemed to make me more sence. From this moment, I'm going to eat, breath and sleep WW. I am going to be the most determined person I can be. No excuses to eat, and if I feel the urge comeing on, I will find away around them. If I dont, then I'll walk more. I am going to lose this weight, and I am going to be healthy.
  • Good for you Silver Ravyn!

Sometimes you have to get to the point where you are so fed up with yourself that you have to give yourself a boot in the rear to get going (been there, done that ) and only you can take charge of the situation.

I lost weight doing WW almost 2 years ago and kept the weight off. Suddenly I gained 5 pound in the last month by eating junk and not taking care of myself and I thought "What the heck am I doing!?!? I paid money and worked hard to lose that weight and now I am just going to sit on my keister and have it all come back! NO FREAKING WAY!! " I was so mad at myself last week that I just thought that is it! I am taking charge again!

You are not alone in having to start over so if you need help we are all here for you
  • Ravyn, you're a total inspiration. Thank you, and GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • Ravyn,
    Just realizing what is holding you back on your diet plan
    is half the battle. Letting go of the shame and guilt
    of past weight loss attempts can really be liberating.
    We are all human and all we can do is...all we can do.
    Sounds like you are getting on the right track for your
    own motivational journey. Good luck!

Making a weekly meal plan and sticking to my grocery list
    has really helped me. It takes the guess work out of
    what I am having at meal time and I am less like to
    just stuff any old thing into my mouth.

I look foward to hearing how your effort pays off...
    You go, girl!
  • you hit the same place I hit in January. Its that, "what the heck is wrong with me, why can I be so successful in every other aspect of my life and not this" moment. And then you take charge. Determination is a wonderful thing, but remember it is a life style adjustment, if you go gung~ho on WW are you gonna plan to be that way the rest of your life? I know people who do, the points, the measurments, the meetings, and it works for them, so go for it. But if you plan on turning it on for the duration of the 'diet' and go back to "real eating" after, then (like me) you will be right back. I sure am not one to preach, having gained and lost enough weight for a small country, but I do know that it is a life style change. I think I have finnally accepted that, and it has been successful so far. I am inspired by what you wrote and think we all need to have a day to re-evulate our existance. Good luck, we are all here with you...
  • ravyn-what you said really resonated with me. you do sound inspired and it is inspiring for me to hear this. i seemed to have lost a lot of momentum along the way recently. i have mostly been doing the things i need to be for a good healthy lifestyle change, but it has been feeling more like going through the motions than doing it for a good cause-me. i am recommitting to this healthier lifestyle change and to losing the large amount of weight that i need to. i think i've been needing to "say this out loud" for a while now. i wish you all the best, ravyn, with your journey. take care, all.
  • WTG, Silver! (or should that be hi-ho Silver?)

For me, it was a gradual clicking, lol. I struggled for so long, and hated myself for so long, but I kept trying. I think I've just finally gotten to a place where I'm succeeding more than I'm failing - but I only got here because I never gave up. I think the real epiphany came when I realized exactly how much energy I used to expend on hating myself and trying to find ways to cover up (the agony of finding clothes in the morning - ugh!) or trying to run from the camera when people wanted pictures, or sitting in corner so as not to draw attention to myself. Finally I said, "WTF!! If I took all this energy and put it into healthy eating & a healthy lifestyle, I'd actually be happy with myself and I'd have energy to spare!"

Even though I have 54 lbs to go, I'm so much happier with myself and I feel so much more at peace. Sounds like you are, too - congrats to you & stay on track!
  • I have just been going thru the motions, but this past week, I got the AH HA light bulb too. Good luck to us all!
  • Ravyn-Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • Rayvn: You have done very well in your weight loss. Congratulations. You all are right, we have to stay focused. I have been sitting back and "resting on my laurels" lately because I'd lost 18 pounds. BUT I'm not DONE yet!!!! So I can't do the stupid things that got me fat in the first place.

Thanks for all the inspiration!!!

Sandi
  • I agree with you all...I do not want to get complacent just because I HAVE lost some weight - I have to keep doing what I was doing to be successful in the first place. It is hard in the winter for me (cocooning etc) and since the girls are off school this week we are really in the cocoon! But I will just keep going...SOON it will be warmer and I will want to be wearing shorts etc (I can hardly imagine it now!)

Lidian
  • Good Morning Ladies! Yesterday was crazy for me, I handled my eating the best I could. Tried to stay op, but my walking was non exisitant. I did manage to get back to work. Natasha is doing so much better. So, I'm hoping today to be able to get to the store and pick up some so much needed healthy food.

Here is a tip I shared with some of you i found out helps me so much with my late night snacking. Brushing your teeth, lol. I know to some it may sound silly, but honestly if i'm sitting in front of the TV and just want to snack, I found getting up and brushing my teeth I'm most likely to pass up the snacks. I hope this helps at least some.

Well I have to dash off of here and get Nat ready for school, then I'm off to the tanning bed, then comeing home to hopefully walk at least 30 or so mins. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.
  • Good for you Silver!!!!
    I think my best bet is just to take one day at a time. That slogan seems to be working for everything in my life right now, so why not this too? I used to "diet" and then slip and get so pissed at myself the whole plan/idea/desire went straight into the crapper.
    Not this time, even if I do slip I know there is always tomorrow or the next meal for that matter. So, it's settled....I make it my goal to do the best I can for myself today!
    blessings,
    blackbird
  • Hello Ladies! I know its been awhile, been going through a hard time with everything. Well Thrusday is my WI and I did WI, and maintained. So, I'm still pleased with that. Next week I KNOW I will be doing better, because I did waht I said I was going to do! I joined the gym! I am so proud of myself. It took alot for me to walk through those doors, but I did, and I think I'm going to love it! Its a very nice place with alot of nice people who are there just like me, wanting to get healthier. The lady that worked there recommended a Body For Life Book. Has anyone ever heard of this, or know anything about it? I hope all is haveing a good day.
  • I might be mistaken, but I believe rochemist (chris ) is doing BFL.