Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hey girls . I restarted IP Alternatives 5 weeks ago after being in maintenance since Jan. I got to 137 but went up to 142 after I phased off. I was good for a little while until I went on vacation and it just went downward from there .
    I ended up gaining too much (15 pounds yikes!) and decided I couldn't continue like that.

Well problem is I've been bouncing between 147-148 for almost 3 weeks now!
    When I first lost the weight I was going to the gym 5 days a week. Since I moved and there is no affordable gym around I haven't been able to go. I really wonder if this is my problem.

I've tried getting back into running (what I did for cardio at the gym) and I can't even go for more than a minute outside .

I'm so mad at myself for doing this.. YET again. At least I caught it early.. last time I let myself get to 200 before pushing my butt back into gear.
    I don't go to the gym....but I do yoga two days a week with a group at work, I walk every day, and I golf (walk and carry my clubs) 4-5 nights a week. IP does NOT want anyone doing too much exercise...it can inhibit the loss. I am doing alternatives for my reboot.

Jump on the reboot with us. I was up 17 pounds...super ouch. but right now only about 7 up. I am so glad I am taking the time to reboot, but the weekends are SUPER hard. I have two more perfect weekends to make it through and then I am having a "cheat" night/Atkins style...so I stay in ketosis. Then I will do 14-15 days before phase 3 for a week and then phase 4 for a week before I leave for Vegas.

I am also planning a 7 day phase 1 the day I return from Vegas (July 1st)
  • Anything different with reboot compared to just restarting IP altogether?
  • Quote: Anything different with reboot compared to just restarting IP altogether?
    I am not as "strict" with my reboot as I was when I was losing a few years ago. 1-2 times a week I have 2 eggs for breakfast, once a week or so I have meat for lunch. For dinner I occasionally use a little blue cheese sprinkle or parm sprinkle. I use half and half in my coffee.

I try to always keep my calories between 750 and 1000 (higher on harder exercise days). I keep my net carbs below 30.

Loss is still 2-3 a week
  • Quote: YOu started yesterday...? How did it go? I made it through the weekend and looking forward to another week. YOu are so smart to do this. I was so upset to find the scale up 15 pounds back in January and I never did anything about it.
    Yep, started yesterday. It was kind of tough but not too much at the same time. I know that sounds weird, but it was very easy to fall back into the old ways of P1. It was hard because going through carb detox again sucks However, I am feeling a little better today and happy to report that I am 1.5 days in perfectly. I find that it is quite easy for me to slip back into ketosis, as I am already experiencing some of the "symptoms".

I weighed in yesterday at 140.6, which is not too bad considering that I had a completely crazy free day on Saturday. I am hoping that by the end of this week I can at least be back to ground zero (135) before continuing on to get to 125.

I feel good that I didn't let my weight get too out of control, only 5# up, before taking action and that I was wise enough to monitor the scale and my measurements.
  • Quote: Anything different with reboot compared to just restarting IP altogether?
    Not to me. Reboot just signifies that I need to spend an extended about of time back on P1 instead of the 1-2 days I was doing in maintenance. I am actually trying to get below my goal to the goal I originally set out for myself, so I am doing full blown P1 for the next 6 weeks to see if I can get under 130 into the high end of the 120's.
  • Quote: Not to me. Reboot just signifies that I need to spend an extended about of time back on P1 instead of the 1-2 days I was doing in maintenance. I am actually trying to get below my goal to the goal I originally set out for myself, so I am doing full blown P1 for the next 6 weeks to see if I can get under 130 into the high end of the 120's.
    I too am major phase one...the small changest equal maybe 50-75 calories, but I exercise way more than when I lost the weight. The losses are still good.

Most days I stay 100%...some days a little parm or blue cheese makes me 98%.

hopefully we will both be below our lowest soon.
  • The lowest I ever saw was 132 and it lasted 1 day I would like to get under 130 so that can become my new ceiling number.

I exercise 5-6 days a week, and did so my entire IP journey. I feel like it helped my losses and really helped with my inches losses. I love to workout so there was no way I was giving it up. I always have an extra packet on workout days (immediately following exercise).
  • I time my workouts do they are right before dinner.
    I also add a bit...I use those 100 calorie bags of almonds or 2 hb eggs instead of an extra packet.
    I also use a little butter on my veggies.
    I usually work out 6 days a week...
  • I start my day with a walk...I do yoga from 3:30 to 4:30 and golf from 5:30 to 7pm....I do that 4-5 days a week...except the walking is everyday.

I spend about 4-5 hours every Saturday and Sunday digging digging digging (gardening).

Both the hubby and I got very light-headed this weekend...that is when we added the real eggs/meat at lunch/ and a little cheese.

Before that my first 3 weeks were 100% phase 1....they were tough after a year in maintenance.

But I feel ready to do 3 more weeks with a few twicks....seriously I was gagging on the packets and not eating this past weekend.
  • 2 days down! Wow, I haven't been able to string together 2 P1 days in I don't know how long! Checked the scale and am at 136 even, so only 1 more pound until I am at base line zero and can focus on getting into the 120's.

Here's to another day in Phase 1
  • Quote: 2 days down! Wow, I haven't been able to string together 2 P1 days in I don't know how long! Checked the scale and am at 136 even, so only 1 more pound until I am at base line zero and can focus on getting into the 120's.

Here's to another day in Phase 1
    Keep it up...I did 14 perfect and then started adding the cheese crumbles (2-3 times a week) and the eggs 1-2 times this last week....I literally was gagging. But the last 2 days have been perfect phase 1...so hopfully I am over my adversion to phase 1 packets.
  • Good morning rebooters! 3 perfect days, hooray! I think it is safe to say I am back in ketosis. Tell tale signs are there and I started having food dreams again!

I am feeling so much better knowing that I am back at my goal and can now concentrate on moving downward.
  • Quote: Good morning rebooters! 3 perfect days, hooray! I think it is safe to say I am back in ketosis. Tell tale signs are there and I started having food dreams again!

I am feeling so much better knowing that I am back at my goal and can now concentrate on moving downward.
    Keep it up. Today is day 26 for me, but on day 12....I had some alcohol....so really only 13 days of perfect today. I am already questioning making it through the weekend. I always do well for 12/13 days and then I start to waiver. I am determined to make it throught this weekend and break that cycle. I need to focus focus focus.

I decided when I run out of packets (sometime middle of next week) I am switching to food...but same calorie/carb/fat numbers. I want to be healthier and get the junk out of my system...time to detox the additives, preservatives, chemicals, pesticides, you name it. I teach environmental science to seniors...we are reading "Silent Spring"....time to practice my own instruction.
  • Definitely keep it up through the weekend. I always found the weekends the hardest. I spent a lot of time on 3FC just to help me through. This is the most amount of P1 days I have been able to string together since I was full blown P1. I am feeling pretty focused and really wanting to get into the 120's so I am hoping it is enough to keep me OP this weekend.

I think what makes it so hard is that it is not "critical" anymore. I am seriously looking to lose "vanity pounds". That's it. I am at a healthy weight for my height, albeit it is at the high end of the range, but still losing this weight is not as detrimental as it was when I was clearly over weight.

I too would like to get away from the packaged stuff, but I can only do 1 thing at time. Packets are so easy when doing P1, so I am just going to go with it until I get to my new goal and then when I phase off, I will start to transition to no "fake" food.
  • Quote: Definitely keep it up through the weekend. I always found the weekends the hardest. I spent a lot of time on 3FC just to help me through. This is the most amount of P1 days I have been able to string together since I was full blown P1. I am feeling pretty focused and really wanting to get into the 120's so I am hoping it is enough to keep me OP this weekend.

I think what makes it so hard is that it is not "critical" anymore. I am seriously looking to lose "vanity pounds". That's it. I am at a healthy weight for my height, albeit it is at the high end of the range, but still losing this weight is not as detrimental as it was when I was clearly over weight.

I too would like to get away from the packaged stuff, but I can only do 1 thing at time. Packets are so easy when doing P1, so I am just going to go with it until I get to my new goal and then when I phase off, I will start to transition to no "fake" food.

My problem is that I am not at a healthy BMI at all. My mom thinks I weigh 125 maybe 130 at most and she is worried I am too small. Several friends commented similarly...my trainer told me not to go below 130...that would b too low...and I must be close to that.

So...it is so hard to see that darn number and really feel awesome. My doctor told me yesterday how great I look and how muscular I am.

I am in a major head game place. I am sure you look at my number and think how can she think she is at a good weight. It is very hard...plays with my mind.

If scales didn't exist I would never think twice about needing to lose more weight.

Sorry to vent