Favorite Salad Dressing

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been having a hard time finding a low cal dressing option that I like.

I love my salad but I also loved my dressing (Ken Steak House Ranch or Thousand Island) which has way to many calories for me to justify eating but I also can not eat a salad plain.

So what is your favorite salad dressing out there everyone?
  • Make your own dressing.
    You can use plain yogurt with little salt and pepper, if it is too thin for you
    Using cheese cloth drain some water from plain yogurt and make yogurt cheese.
    Or mix olive oil and vinegar and some spices.
  • I'm really hooked on Kraft Free Ceasar right now, it's only 20 calories for 2tbs and it's got enough flavor that I really only need those 2 on an large salad.. but often put on 3 or 4 because I can put down an 8 cup salad some days for lunch!
  • I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I hate lowfat and fat free salad dressings, so I just use a very small amount of regular. I like the refrigerated Simply dressings by Marzettis. (I think I have that right.)
    Instead of having salad a lot, I usually have salad three times a week and other veggies the other times. I use butter spray on cooked veggies and eat others plain.
  • I just use balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
  • I use balsamic vinegar and olive oil with a little bit of salt and some pepper in it.. but when i'm in a hurry i have some Newman's Own light balsamic dressing. It's low in calories (for an olive oil based dressing) and it is soo yummy!
  • I like Hidden Valley Ranch Light. When I first started buying it the label read: bet you can't tell it's light... and I thought, yeah right but bought it anyway and was very suprised. We have been using that dressing for over 2 years now I think and don't care for the full fat version as much anymore. 2 Tbsp for 80 cals

I also like the salad spritzers made by Wishbone, super low cal but so good.
  • I've been hooked on Brianna's blue cheese. It's 120 calories for 2tbs, but unless I'm having a monster sized salad, I only need 1.
  • I love Kraft Greek Dressing! If I remember correctly, it is 60 calories for two tablespoons.
  • Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch! I'm addicted to the stuff.
  • I gave up on low fat salad dressings once i realized they make it taste good by adding extra sugars; now i just go for really yummy oil-based dressing but use a small amount, or cut it with balsamic vinegar to stretch it a bit. I too love Kraft Greek, and Renee's mediterranean (the oil one, not the creamy one). Greek salad is my favourittteeeeeee thing ever! you'd think eating 3 or 4 a week with chicken for a year would make me sick of it but NOT SO MUCH
  • I third the Greek dressing one. So good! I also use the garlic rice vinegar...or cut other dressings with it.
  • Newman's Own Sesame Ginger I find tasty

http://newmansown.com/product_detail.aspx?productid=14
  • ive never tried a low calorie dressing i liked except the oil based italian .... it tastes the same as the full fat one

i also like the mazzaratti (spelling?) refridgerator section dressings oh goodness they are tastey !
  • I usually use balsamic and olive oil, but sometimes I mix up olive oil and lemon (or lime) juice and add a little cumin. It's fantastic over tomato, avocado, and fresh greens.