are peanut m&m's a nutritious snack ?

• .... or am i justifying them because its that time of month?....

pros ( i think )

Preportioned
    high in protien
    not an excessive amount of chocolate per peanut

cons ... i really cant think of any?
  • i dont even like nuts in fact i hate them i just want some chocolate and im desperatley trying to justify it .....
  • If I say you can eat them will you tell me I can have a slice of carrot cake?
    If only!!!!!!

Actually, if you can limit yourself to a few and it works in your food plan, go for it. I wouldn't be able to eat just a few.

Just don't kid yourself that they're anything but candy.
  • I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's nutritious. If you don't even like peanuts, why not get a piece of dark chocolate that is about 80% cocoa and have it with some almonds for the same amount of calories? Then you could call that a nutritious snack since both dark chocolate and almonds are very healthy....or whichever kind of nut you like. Raw nuts are ideal and taste great. But, if that's all you have around right now, it's not too terrible.
  • But is it a nutritious snack? No... Of course not, but if you are dying for chocolate, eat what you want, but limit it to a tiny bit. Having a piece of dark chocolate would be mor nutritious.
  • If I eat milk chocolate things like Snickers, M&Ms, Kit Kat or whatever -- I cannot portion control it. I don't know if it is the sugars, fake colors or what. But I cannot.

I did discover I like Organic Green & Black dark chocolate. 3-6 of those little rectangles broken off the bar and I'm good. They call a single serv 12 rectangles and I don't even need that much!

The rest can go live in the fridge or freezer for a long time. I get my choc taste intensely because it is dark and I can actually STOP at a reasonable portion.

So that's how I handle TOM time and the choc craving.

As for NUTRITION.... I don't think any candy is nutritious. I have no problem working it into my calorie budget for the day if I want some but I don't think it's nutrition food.

A.
  • i dont like any nuts ... i dont like dark chocolate i dont even know how i got fat im so picky ! gosh .... i dont even particularly like milk chocolate i just seemed to randomly want it today usually i prefer real candy ... like jolly rancher or gummies or skittles ...

ive tried the organic green and black chocolate cherries and coconut pieces those are nice ... my BF likes the chocolate brazil nut variety

thank you for the advice .... i cant really justify wasting 250 calories on a pack now .... ill just chew some gum and hope for the craving to pass i guess ....
  • I'm doing a month long sugar fast to support a friend (over on the 15th woot) and M&Ms peanut are my first agenda item LOL I have a 2.2KG bag under my desk at work I've been looking at for almost a month ha.... I love to have a coffee and 6 m&ms and enjoy it
  • No! ): Too much sugar, and carbs. Try a low carb protein bar. Like Pure Protein Peanut Butter.
  • I crave chocolate every so often, so I thought I'd try the Fiber One Fudge Brownies. They only have 90 calories and are pretty dang good. They even have chocolate chips in them, so you get that bit of chocolate in your bite. Of course, the brownies are small.... but they sure are good!
  • jacks big mama ... thanks !! that actually sounds perfect ..... i can warm it up a tiny bit in the micro and have a warm chocolatey treat im on my way to the super market later for groceries today actually .... ill be sure to grab a box !

trazey lol @ 6m&m's .... i cant wait to be able to say i can eat 6 m&m's .... for now im just proud to say i only eat a single pack of m&m's and not the big bags lol
  • Probably not if you eat the whole 2lb bag in one sitting like I've been known to do....
  • Get some dark chocolate covered almonds. Much more satisfying and lower in sugar.