Strictly Alternatives

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all! I have read posts in the past where there are individuals out there who use strictly alternatives, instead of the IP products.

I am interested in finding out about your experiences- notice any differences? Losing weight the same?

Due to price increases, and financial reasons, I will be moving to strictly alternative products (nashua nutrition) within the next week or two and am interested in others experiences. I am a believer in the IP plan and wish I could still afford the IP products.

Willing to share? Thanks!
  • I've been doing IP for about 7 weeks. Love the diet but not the price. Looking to switch to alternatives too. There is a lot of alternative info at the top of the IP forum in the stickies.
  • Yes, the stickies have been helpful. I should say also that I have placed my order for alternative products.

I am curious of those that only use alternatives, not just supplement, and if they have had successes? Notice any big difference?
  • I have only used alternatives and have never used anything IP. All of my weightloss is from alternatives. As long as you are finding comparable substitutes and reading the labels, you should do great!
  • I love alternatives. There are so many more choices, plus its a lot cheaper. Also, going in to the doctor's office every week to get weighed was a hassle, so its nice to be able to do it at home. Just always plan ahead so that you don't run out of food! I'm in that situation right now, and can't buy more for a while... But yeah, I love alternatives!!!
  • I have only used alternatives for the 5 weeks I have been on and I have lost 22 pounds

so it seems like I have been doing fine keeping up with the pack!
  • Me too. I did IP for maybe two weeks then switched. I have been very satisfied.
  • I have only used alternatives, and the program works great for me!!
  • Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

I appreciate your responses. It is great to see all of your wonderful successes! I hope to have the same.
  • mtnsun4,
    I have also looked into alternatives! I went to Target last night to pick up the EAS chocolate shakes. The nutritional values seem to be ok so I'm trying one today for lunch. I also ordered a few boxes of Proti-Thin and Proti-Diet from Nashua. 3 boxes for $35! That would be $81 in IP products! I'm still ordering a few IP Products though for the chocolate pudding and cereal, since I havent found comparable products yet. I'm trying the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal because I noticed it was really low on carbs and had no sugar. I'd like to have it as a non-restricted but i'll have to research into it more to be sure.
  • Quote: Me too. I did IP for maybe two weeks then switched. I have been very satisfied.
    Hi! Do you mind sharing the list of alternative products you are using? Thanks so much!
  • Quote: mtnsun4,
    I have also looked into alternatives! I went to Target last night to pick up the EAS chocolate shakes. The nutritional values seem to be ok so I'm trying one today for lunch. I also ordered a few boxes of Proti-Thin and Proti-Diet from Nashua. 3 boxes for $35! That would be $81 in IP products! I'm still ordering a few IP Products though for the chocolate pudding and cereal, since I havent found comparable products yet. I'm trying the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal because I noticed it was really low on carbs and had no sugar. I'd like to have it as a non-restricted but i'll have to research into it more to be sure.
    The prot-diet oatmeal is a non-restricted based on the low carb count as indicated. BTW the pizza prot-diet has is pretty good as well but is considered restricted
  • Quote: The prot-diet oatmeal is a non-restricted based on the low carb count as indicated. BTW the pizza prot-diet has is pretty good as well but is considered restricted
    Thanks! I look forward to trying it!
  • The proti diet oatmeal is also delicious! I am eating it right now! It is also very convenient for travelling, as most places at least have a coffee maker so you can get hot water...

At the beginning of my IP diet last year I also used regular whey protein from a large tub for 2 of my meals. It is EXTREMELY cost effective. Not as exciting as some of the variety you can get, but satisfactory. Just make sure the carbs are low....
  • Proti
    I heard that Proti sweetens with Aspartame and that can still cause spikes in insulin. Be sure to always check the ingredients when trying alternatives