Things I WILL do when I'm thin!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I was just sitting here thinking about all of the things that I won't do right now, or rather, the things I will do when I'm at goal weight.

1. I will get married. (I promised myself I would NEVER be a fat bride. I do not want to look back on my wedding photos and hate myself in them. Those are meant to last a lifetime.)

2. I will be a roller girl. (I have back issues that are slowly going away and I just don't have the stamina right now)

3. I will run a half-marathon at the very least! (Can't wait to be able to do this)

4. I will wear an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-green-polka-dot-bikini (that I found on pinupgirl. Trust me, no one in their right mind wants to see me in one now, but I can't wait for the day I can go to a pool/the beach with one on.)

What is everyone else going to do when they get to goal weight?
  • *Oh I hear ya on the bikini!!
    *I also want to start running, I will start slow with "couch to 5K" right now I HATE running, but I really want to start.
    *Shop more, I hate the looks I get when shopping now, also how depressing it is when you cant fit into anything.
  • I'm not at my goal weight yet (close to my original goal, but I want to go lower anyway), but I am doing one of mine tomorrow!! For a few years I've been reading books about mountain climbing (I've probably read a few dozen), and though rock climbing was something I really wanted to try I was nowhere near fit enough to do it. I finally feel like I am there, like I am maybe strong enough to do it without feeling like my body is my limitation, and so tomorrow I'm taking an introductory indoor rock climbing course! I can't wait!!!! I'm going to be sooo sore the next day I am sure, lol.
  • -I want to go on a ride at an amusement park and not have to worry if the bar will close over my stomach. (It was a close call on one 20 lbs ago).

-Have no problem getting into a bathing suit and swimming in public with the kids.
  • @Samanthia: I'm working on couch to 5k now too.
    @chickadee32: Rock climbing is amazing. If you ever get a chance to "crack climb" (I know, sounds really wrong) do it. I found it a lot more fun that just regular rock climbing. You'll have so much fun! It's grueling at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.
    @Sheramama: My goal weight treat to myself is going to be a trip to Disney.
  • tessendicott: Thanks! I'm pretty nervous as well as excited, lol. If the intro course goes well enough then I'm going to take a movement course as a follow up, and hopefully that will help me get the hang of it.
  • Take loads of pictures of myself and post them on facebook so people can comment on hot how I am. LOL I know, I'm vain.
  • Quote: @Sheramama: My goal weight treat to myself is going to be a trip to Disney.
    Funny,that's kind of mine too with the kids

Quote: Take loads of pictures of myself and post them on facebook so people can comment on hot how I am. LOL I know, I'm vain.
    Now, there is NOTHING wrong with that! I second it!
  • I definitely refuse to get married until I'm thin. I want to cherish my wedding pictures, not hide them.
  • Quote: 1. I will get married. (I promised myself I would NEVER be a fat bride. I do not want to look back on my wedding photos and hate myself in them. Those are meant to last a lifetime.)
  • a) I will become a scuba diver.
    b) I will train to swim a swimming marathon.
    c) I will canoe without worrying I might get stuck.
  • Oh to sit in a BOOTH at my fav local resturaunt and NOT HAVE my boobs sit on the table !

Hike up a few local mountains before we aren't sttioned in Alaska anymore to do it !

shop the ladies section and not the Plus size where the clothes have NO STYLE
  • I'm going to learn how to swim. I kept meaning to but then I got fat and now I don't want to be seen in a bathing suit. Once I get close to or hit goal, I will let DH teach me.
  • Hrm. I pretty much just live my life! I already got married at plus size and I already raised charity money and walked in a half marathon (twice!).

I don't think I can be a roller girl or wear a bikini though. I have a hard time with normal skating and I haven't worn a bikini since I was 11 and I hated that one! I like one piece better.

Now one thing I think I might enjoy is trying out a zip line. But that's addressing my fear of heights more than my weight. Although I'd certainly feel better trying it on at a lower weight. Less of me to fall! LOL.

A.
  • get new boobs

Seriously though:
    1 - Wear a 2 piece bathing suit
    2 - Boudoir photos