Midwest storms

• We just went through a crazy round of storms and tornados in my neck of the woods. Just checking in to make sure all my Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana neighbors are ok.
  • I read about it in the newspaper (.. and I don't even live in that country!). I hope everyone from that area is okay. My thoughts with all of those affected by the storms.
  • My DH's aunt and grandma went through it. Luckily it just grazed his grandma but his aunt's entire (small) down has damage. Her roof is trashed as is all of her siding. What wasn't blown off has huge holes like someone punched a fist in it from the 2 inch hail. Everyone's windows are busted as well.

Thankfully all our family is OK though and that's what's most important. Hopefully all our 3FCs community and family members are OK.
  • Be safe everyone! Those looked nasty!
  • Prayers for all those lost and their families and all those suffering as they go through this.
  • Wow...now that it's daylight the devastation is becoming more apparent and its just awful. My heart is breaking for these poor families that have lost loved ones, and their homes. Entire towns have been wiped out. We're so lucky here, just wind and rain and debris, but all of my friends and family are safe. But this was too close for comfort. People have been finding all kinds of personal things in their yards that I'm assuming are from the destroyed homes.
    Today I'm putting together some care boxes of clothing and water and taking it to one of the shelters. It's not a lot but I feel like I need to help. It really puts things into perspective...and makes my problems seem insignificant.
  • We are in central IN. Although we were prepared to take shelter and had our emergency supplies, we Thank God that we did not need to use them. Winds were very strong here, and a tree blew down a few doors away. No injuries.

My prayers to those who were less fortunate. The pictures are devastating.