What's your favorite part of your weight loss?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Not done yet, but I've lost 80 lbs or so, after a lifetime of being obese. Some of my favorite parts:

- Crossing my legs knee over knee instead of leg over knee. I never get over being able to do this.
    - The first time I slept on my back instead of my stomach.
    - Biking while standing up.

I'm training for an Ironman May of next year (days before my 35th birthday), and I run, swim, and bike a lot, and honestly, one of the biggest benefits I see of running is that it gets you to places faster lol Like I can actually use it in real life to get from the car to the front door somewhere faster if I'm running late.

I feel so blessed when I cross my legs knee over knee. In fact, I'm doint that right this instant. It is one of the coolest things about the weight loss.
  • Favorite things...
    Lower Blood pressure
    Better health in general
    More energy
    Being able to walk upstairs with out resting after each step
    Smaller clothing sizes. Out of Extra large sizes.
  • Discovering bones I didn't know I had! LOL. I was super thrilled when my collarbone reappeared.

Not having to wear clothes with a size that involves a W. I'll be REALLY glad when I can get rid of that last X in front of the L.

I don't need to take a nap as soon as I get off of work because of fatigue, or the afternoon "carb slump".

Ahhhh it's the little things in life.
  • I have to say the emotional side of it. Yes, it's the hardest part for sure! But I have learned SO MUCH about myself, how to deal with problems, how to improve my well-being by not turning to food for comfort etc. I really like the person that I've become now that I've disassociated food with comfort. Before this journey there were a lot of habits that I didn't like. I didn't like how I needed chocolate, and I wasn't treating myself as well either. I've turned so much around just by decreasing my sugar intake and I love to see how that affects me as a person!
  • There are so many positives! I think my favorite though is just the way I feel about myself and the way I look. I didn't start this journey for vanity reasons, but I love feeling so good and comfortable walking around every day. I'm still far from thin, but I LOVE blending into the crowd and not feeling like I stand out as someone extremely overweight anymore. I knew I was very unhappy before, but I don't think I realized just how uncomfortable I was in my own skin... comparing it to how I feel now, it's night and day.
  • Let me count the ways.....
    Less knee pain going up stairs - one of my big reasons for starting this journey.

Curling up in my recliner comfortably - it never really worked for more than about 5 minutes at a time before.

Collarbones! I forgot they were under there!

I've lost that blob of pudge on my inner knees - my legs look so much better! I can't wait to buy all new skorts this summer!

My sportscar will get a performance upgrade, because I've improved its horsepower to weight ratio. Is it spring yet?

Trying on clothes I never would have considered before (skinny jeans, sweater dresses) and discovering that not only do they fit, but they flatter!
  • I love being fit and strong. I can't really describe the feeling I get when I realize that holy crap I can run 4 miles or oh my god I did really lift that heavy.

It seems like for the first time in my life I'm pretty darn close to how I pictured myself in my head all of these years.
  • Putting on clothes that use to fit but now just dangle there. This will never get old for me. "Teehee! I remember when I had to suck my stomach in to button these and now I can pull them off without unbuttoning!"
  • Having more energy, buying smaller clothes that FIT, and being able to look at my reflection in the mirror without cringing.
  • Just all around feeling better. Moving quicker. Wearing smaller clothes.
  • Walking in heels

I can now walk a few miles a day in heels whereas before it used to kill my feet if I tried.
  • Not beating myself up for NOT doing something about the 100 lb. weight gain at age 30. No matter how many other successes I had in my life, this always bothered me. So I've not only lost the actual weight, but the emotional "weight" of it on my mind nearly every day.
  • Waking up in the morning without feeling the aftereffects of my night binging ... sleeping well ... feeling good all day long ... moving more easily.
  • So far: being more comfortable physically, feeling a sense of accomplishment for having lost almost 40 lbs., and liking the type of cook I'm becoming.
  • I love not feeling like I have to lie about my clothing size because of being in denial. I can safely say "I wear a 4 or 6 depending on the brand" and not "I wear an 8, but I actually am a solid 10 pushing a 12."