"Old Books vs New Books"? Do I need new ones?

• I had joined WW just after they changed over from the original Points program to the new PP+ program and bought the Dining Out Companion book and also the Complete Food Companion book. The DO book has a pic of Chinese food with chop sticks on the front and the CFC book has green grapes.

I have been told by a member that just joined and goes to meetings that the newer 2012 books are "updated with new points values" and a larger list of foods" and that the leader of her meetings "suggested" that the members get the newer books because the original books (that I have) have different points values in them.

Should I buy the new ones or would this be a waste of money? I would get them online as my membership expired. I am thinking of doing the online WW program.

Marie
  • I never bought the new ones.That sounds like a sales push to me
  • If your books are for PointsPlus and not Momentum, then you definitely don't need new books. There shouldn't be different points values in the new ones, because they only made a few minor changes to the program recently, and those changes don't make any difference to points values. They might have a longer list of foods/restaurants listed or something though.
    So I would save your money and just stick to the books you already have.