Can you suggest a tastey lite bread?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's a good way to cut back on some calories. What's your experience?

There must be a good tasting healthy lite bread out there!
  • I eat Dempsters skinny whole wheat bagels - 100 cals, 1 g of fat.
  • I eat healthy choice bread. Its only 35 calories a slice and tastes great.I do try and limit it.
  • I used to eat a ton of Thomas Bagel Thins before I moved. Can't buy them here in Canada though. Now I eat everything on whole wheat wraps!
  • Light bread never tastes good. I'd rather eat real multigrain bread and have 1 slice instead of 2 for it has taste and nutrition.
  • I was wondering about low carb whole wheat wraps - if anyone uses them or has a brand they prefer?
  • Quote:
    Light bread never tastes good. I'd rather eat real multigrain bread and have 1 slice instead of 2 for it has taste and nutrition.
    I agree! Though I had some Thomase's Bagel Thins that were pretty good.
  • I eat Healthy Choice Probiotic Whole Grain Bread. It's a BIG slice, almost like 2 in 1, it doesn't even fit in my toaster so I have to cut it in half and it's only 100cals per slice, and the first ingredients are whole grain. It's a "seedy" bread but so good!
  • Arnold sandwich thins
  • I either use a 100 calorie round or this stuff: http://www.nicklesbakery.com/product...ls.php?id=1256

It tastes like normal bread, lol, I love it.
  • I don't think that it is considered "light" but I eat Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread. It is 50 calories a slice and I feel like I have eaten something when I have it.
  • Thanks! I am going to write these down and look for some. My computer is having fits. I am glad I got to see these answers.
  • Quote: I was wondering about low carb whole wheat wraps - if anyone uses them or has a brand they prefer?
    Hungry girl has wraps that are delish...in multigrain, Italian and white. Also Joseph's flax whole grain pitas are my favorite! I find them in the deli sections at grocery stores.
  • I tried Pepperidge Farm Light Style Extra Fiber bread the other day. It tasted good with the rest of the stuff on my sandwich, and it's 40 calories per slice. The only problem is that they are rather thin and aren't very big. Plus, there's only 2 grams of fiber per slice, even though it's supposed to be extra fiber. But they get the job done.
  • I agree with Time2Lose---- my only bread is Nature's Own 100% whole grain wheat bread. 50 cals a slice, but the first ingredient is whole wheat, unlike the 35 cal bread. no HFCS, no processed wheat flour, etc. alll goooood