a small non-scale victory

• I went to a Mexican restaurant thinking "ok, i'll eat 5-10 chips and salsa, just keep it under control" (instead of scarfing the whole basket like i used to do). But once they brought the chips and salsa, i really didn't have any desire to eat them!!! Amazing. I actually just waited for my meal.

I've tried giving up processed carbs before, but i never felt my addiction going away like i do this time. I'm not sure what's different this time (since i'm really not eating that clean--i've definitely fallen off the wagon quite a few times); but i think the difference is that i truly believe deep down that i don't need carbs. Before, i would pretty much just torture myself, dreaming about Pop Tarts all the time and thinking "if i stick to my diet for a few months, i can take a break and eat all the Pop Tarts i want." I've given up that line of thinking...i really just try to focus on the positive now, instead of what i can't have.
  • Yeah you for resisting temptation!!! I love the feeling of these mini awakenings and accomplishments!
  • Yay! That is quite a victory!