New diet suggestions - quick weight loss

• I want to lose 10lbs fast as I have a big event coming up soon.

I have been looking for some instant diet options, but I feel as if they are a little bit too extreme. Things like the maple syrup diet and things? Surely they are not healthy for the body long term.

My mum once tried the juicing diet, but I tried it for a day and felt very lethargic by the end of the very first day! (eeeek)

Any suggestions? Does anyone have any advice for me on what diet I should chose and whether fad diets even work?

Cheers
  • Buy some amazing underwear and do a balanced diet.

Quick fixes don't work, people usually lose water, do weird things to their metabolism and put back more weight than they lose!

Cut back food by about 250kcals a day and add 250kcals of exercise and lose 1lb a week, that usually stays off (she says having had a weirdly high loss of 2.5lbs a week without meaning too).

Success is more about lifestyle change than any quick fix or temporary change.

Good luck.
  • Some spas have these wraps that reduce water weight. You lose inches and usually a dress size (they come back within a week), but this is probably the only way you are going to look smaller for this big event. There is no way to drop 10 pounds quickly and healthy.
  • thanks for the advice guys. Yes, you're right! Control pants and healthy eating is probably better than a quick diet.