On Plan Thread 2/13-2/19

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Share your daily menus here! Use this thread to ask for advice, share recipes and hold yourself accountable
  • P1/W1 (vegetarian)

Monday

B - cheese and mushroom omelette
    S - cucumber and pepper sticks with cottage cheese
    L - Veggie chilli, salad and dressing
    S - Quorn cocktail roll up
    D - Grilled tofu steak with hearts of palm salad, grilled peppers and onion

Exercise: Rodney Yee A.M. Yoga & interval walking
  • P2

B. Kashi Go Lean in US almond milk with blueberries & slivered almonds
    L. Spicy Cauliflower Paprika soup
    S. Greek yogurt w/chia
    D. Spinach & ricotta white ww pizza
    S. NSA fudgesicle
  • P2

1: smoothie: almond milk, choc. protein, frozen strawberries, 1 tsp. pb, spinach
    2: lemon chicken stew
    3: protein ball
    4: chicken with black beans and salsa in the crockpot
    5: fudgesicle

exercise: 60 min. step class
  • Quote: P2

1: smoothie: almond milk, choc. protein, frozen strawberries, 1 tsp. pb, spinach
    2: lemon chicken stew
    3: protein ball
    4: chicken with black beans and salsa in the crockpot
    5: fudgesicle

exercise: 60 min. step class
    hey, could you tell me what a protein ball is....thanks!!!
  • Brkfst: Boiled seasoned okra with chunks of baked chicken ( Both home made). 2 cup of cold skim milk

snk: 1 teaspoon of p'butter with a large cup of tea

Ln: 1 cup boiled beans, fish sauce and a cube of baked steak with 3 cups of raw spinach

Dn: more okro, 2 cubes of steak, baked drumstick
  • Hey frankiki - We have almost the same stats and I am almost entirely vegetarian (I go back & forth on eating fish).

Phase 1.5? or 2 because of the split pea soup? I categorize them as "beans"...
    [ok, i checked - split peas are Phase 1-approved, yay]

B - coffee with 2% milk.
    (later) Egg baked in avocado (prob 1/4 avocado in the shell) with salsa on top. Veggie sausage. Low sodium v-8.
    L - Weekend Glow Kale Salad, minus a few of the add-ins, actually mostly just kale with the delicious Lemon-Tahini dressing. Bowl of homemade split pea soup. Cuppa tea.
    S - pepper strips/carrots with hummus
    S - Tofurkey with light cream cheese and green onion
    D - homemade miso soup with broccoli and spinach and tofu.
    dessert - Greek yogurt

{ETA: didn't appear to be enough food when I plugged everything in... added a bowl of split pea soup. The stats: 1348 calories, 27 g fiber, 35% carbs (120 g), 35% fat, 29% protein}

Exercise: walking or running, not sure which yet
  • Quote: hey, could you tell me what a protein ball is....thanks!!!
    Sure! Here is the original recipe. I use agave nectar in place of the maple syrup to make them phase 2 appropriate. I also usually add a few goji berries and some cacao nibs to the mix as well - the cacao adds a bittersweet chocolate/coffee flavor to it that is nice.

http://fitnessista.com/2011/01/ballz-for-all/
  • [QUOTE=zeffryn;4214800]Sure! Here is the original recipe. I use agave nectar in place of the maple syrup to make them phase 2 appropriate. I also usually add a few goji berries and some cacao nibs to the mix as well - the cacao adds a bittersweet chocolate/coffee flavor to it that

Thanks!!!!!! Can't wait to try this!!!
  • Phase 1.5 (no grains)

B: smoothie (yogurt, kale, cuke, blueberries, nana, stevia)
    S: devilled egg, cheese stick, veggies (whatever I feel like)
    L: black bean soup
    D: chicken mexican crock pot over romaine
    D: cashews (I need to count those out first...)
  • P2

B. overnight oats with blueberries & walnuts
    L. leftover ww veggie pizza, small side salad sans dressing
    S. Greek yogurt
    D. last bit of cauliflower soup, salad
    S. Peanut butter cup dessert
  • P2

B: Kamut pancake w/ nuts and flax seeds, applesauce
    L: Tahini yogurt chicken salad, butter lettuce
    D: Coconut chicken curry, creamed spinach
    S: Yogi kava tea with evaporated skim milk
  • P2
    B. very low FBGL so ... an orange, a ww English muffin with ICBINB and a bit of agave
    L. pea soup, raw veggies, Greek yogurt with blueberries
    D. Crack slaw made with a bit of pork tenderloin and lots of veggies, quinoa
  • P2

1: smoothie: plain yogurt, strawberries, greens powder, almond milk, spinach
    2: a chicken caesar wrap that wasn't all that phase 2 friendly. chalk a big one up for valentine's day.
    3: a few bits of chocolate
    4: since it's V-day, we're making heart shaped pizza. I'm making a big ol' salad as well and homemade frozen yogurt (just plain greek yogurt, stevia and vanilla) with strawberries for dessert.

exercise: 45 min. treadmill run

looking back on the day...it definitely wasn't a very phase 2 kind of day. Ah well, back on track tomorrow. I do feel good that I'm not all overstuffed and gross feeling, though
  • Love the heart-shaped pizza idea!!

Phase 2.5?

B - coffee with 2% milk. Cottage cheese with grapefruit & cinnamon
    L - homemade split pea soup. Spinach salad with baked tofu.
    Ss - broccoli and carrots with hummus. Tofurkey rolled up with light cream cheese and green onions.
    D - ???? Thai restaurant, so for sure will be slightly off plan, but I'm including lots of veggies and they have brown rice...
    dessert - Greek yogurt. maaaaaaaybe some dark chocolate and/or red wine later????

Yoga class/walking