strange cravings

• I've been doing very good at following a healthier diet and keeping an eye on my caloric intake. Ive been working out everywhere day, running faster & farther.

Out of no where, I suddenly have the urge to eat a greasy, nasty pizza. Don't know where this came from, especially since I haven't had a craving since I started my "life style change".

Thought if I put it out there, it would be a healthy way to deal with it and move on.
  • That happens to me sometimes too!

Get a Shiitake Mushroom, make some sauce for it, some veggie toppings and mozzarella. Put it in the oven until it's bubbly. Viola!!
  • I don't know that I crave the actual pizza but more the freedom from having to make everyone dinner!

But I've made it at home on flatbread or pita -- it's quick, easy and better than nasty pizza.

Jay's Crust is very filling -- it's the only one where I can stop at 2 slices and call it good.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jays-si...st/detail.aspx

A.
  • I got a random craving for a Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme bar a few days ago. I don't know if I had ever had one before then...but boy did I want one bad anyways. @.@
  • Every time I have a long run, I ALWAYS crave pizza. weird!
    Hey, congrats on getting a lighter version..
  • Had a craving for these this afternoon (didn't act on it). It was just a passing moment when I thought, "Hey! I remember Twisties, wouldn't mind having some just now, I wonder if we have some". Then the craving was gone.

• Quote: Every time I have a long run, I ALWAYS crave pizza. weird!
    Hey, congrats on getting a lighter version..
    when i run, i find that i crave similar things as well and ive come to realize that i'm craving SALT....all those salty greasy things that are high in calories and fat really contain what i want, SALT...i think this has to do with what's lost during my run...or something...im not the most qualified to speak on that LOL but i know if i have salt, my craving goes away
  • I think I figured out what caused mine, next to the gym is a pizza place, never noticed it before. I've been finding some great substitutions for things, veggie burgers instead of cheeseburgers etc.

I did realize the healthier I eat, the more I crave healthy foods. I had a SIP of POP last week and found it disgusting. That's a great thing for me.
  • After a long run, your body is going to crave salt and carbs to replenish what it just lost. I found that if I drink gatorade on my longer runs, my craving for salty food decreases.
  • Happens to me at least several times a day, but thankfully the further away I get from eating that stuff, the less frequent they are.