Jicama???

• So my fav veg of all time is Jicama!

Do we know if it is allowed or not??? Can't find ANY info and my coach has yet to get back to me!
  • My coach told me it was a No-No, since its a root....
  • Quote: So my fav veg of all time is Jicama!

Do we know if it is allowed or not??? Can't find ANY info and my coach has yet to get back to me!
    It would be my opinion that since it is starchy, like a potato, it would not be allowed but I could ask my coach as well. I love jicama!
  • My coach actually recommended this to me. But that doesn't make me want to try it either...lol. I don't really like my coach as she doesnt really have any training. she did the program, and I think she just decided to open a clinic one day. I ask her questions about things all the time and she doesn't know the answers to them. I always end up getting my answers from this site.
  • I had a feeling jicama was not allowed.
  • Jicama is acceptable in almost every low carb diet, i eat it very frecuently. The info in a 100grs portion

Cals - 38
    protein - 1
    fat - 0.9
    carbs - 9
    Fiber - 5

so net carbs is 4
  • I ate a whole jicama last week and I am down 3 lbs this week. I didn't ask my coach though. It grows above ground even though it's a root.
  • I have heard it is about equal to a carrot. So, while it sounds wonderful and I will be glad to try one some day, I think I will stay away for now.
  • I think it's a question of the carbs in it, compared to others. It may just not be on their list because it is not a common vegetable. If it seems on the higher side of carbs but still lower than the 'forbidden' ones, just limit how often or how much. After months and months of the same thing, you get a little crazy if you can't vary it a little.
  • Thanks everyone, I think I'll be staying away from it for a bit... it is very much like a carrot.
  • Quote: I think it's a question of the carbs in it, compared to others. It may just not be on their list because it is not a common vegetable. If it seems on the higher side of carbs but still lower than the 'forbidden' ones, just limit how often or how much. After months and months of the same thing, you get a little crazy if you can't vary it a little.
    +1