1 Busy Newbie

• I'm new. I know, you're shocked.

Like everyone else in this forum, I'm starting the weight loss process and I'm looking for some support and encouragement.

My desire for weight loss is a long story, so I'll just keep it short.

A few years ago, my husband had one of his lungs removed due to a very rare medical condition. The specialty hospital we were at told us that we were both more likely to die of diabetes or heart disease by being over weight than any other reason.

Then, a couple of years ago I went through some really crappy things at work and started packing on the pounds.

I know people make excuses on why or how they let things get out of hand, so I won't. The bottom line is: I'm truely unhappy with the way I look and the way I feel. I've recently gone up yet another pant size and my clothing is uncomfortable.

My husband signed us both up for a gym membership and we've been going every other day for over a week now.

I hope to lose 75-100 lbs.

I know that's a broad range, but, it's been so long since I've been at my "ideal" weight, I'm not actually sure what it should be. I'm a little "large framed" and very busty, so I should probably weigh a little more than the normal person for my height.

I used to be bottom heavy, but since my weight has gotten so far out of control, I'm evenly fat everywhere. I've always loved food and eaten when bored, am a social eater and emotional eater. I'm just an eater.

Well, that's my story so far.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our weight loss experiences.
  • Awesome! You can do this!!
    Do a blog on 3fatchicks, it's free and really helps you connect to others and share with others here :-)
    I just re-started mine today
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/loladark/
    If you start one let me know and I'll follow you!
  • 75-100 is a good number starting with small goals, might make it easier at first seeing that you're making a difference. That's awesome you are going to the gym! Congrats on getting started on your weight loss journey!!
  • BusyB, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!