Walk Away the Pounds FEBRUARY 2012

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • hey gang busy busy busy week. i did walk at the mall during lunch a couple of times.

I just did a 40 minute Zumba dvd that my niece loaned me. I liked it. I was sweating. There was one spot where I couldn't figure out what they were doing with their feet so I just marched in place and kept moving like that til i figured it out (well sort of). I think if I did it a few times I would get the hang of it.
    hope everybody has a great weekend!
    later gaters
  • Hi folks! I have Leslie's "Walk Away The Pounds" DVD (mine just has the 1, 2, and 3 mile walks on them) and did the 2 mile walk last night. It was really cute watching my 3 year old try to do the movements with me! She's so funny!

this may be silly, but I don't own the weights. I bought my DVD for $10 at Wal-Mart years ago and they didn't have any of the weights. So...I use salt canisters instead! They weigh close to 2 pounds each. But boy if they ever come open during a walk I'll have salt all over my carpet! Thankyfully that hasn't happened yet!
  • Healthy - that's not silly at all... but as clumsy as I am I would be terrified to use salt canisters LOL I would have that stuff everywhere

it's great to have you here with us!

hope everybody hsa a great monday!
  • hey gang

I did 2 miles this morning. I used The Big Burn.

has anyone looked at the new "Walk Social" that Leslie has added on her website and on her facebook page? I can't figure out how to post the dvd that was used???
  • I did three miles this morning from the Power Walk with Friends with weights. I did the two mile workout then did the second mile over again.
  • Hello all! I fell off the wagon on my posting commitment!

I have did 3 miles on M, T, W of this week and did 2 Miles with weighted belt this morning. Also added the 5 min. energy boost walk.
  • Hey gang... I did 3 miles. I used the 5k with a Twist! Hope everybody is well
  • Hey gang did 2 miles this morning. I used the power walk with friends and 2 lb weights.
    Later gaters
  • Hey all!! I ended last week with 3 miles Friday and 3 miles Saturday. Took Sunday off. Got back to it with miles 1, 3, and 5 from the newest 5 mile walk.

Comment: I may have just been in a grumpy mood this morning, but I noticed something that bothered me. I had bought the new 5 mile walk a while back and used it for the first time this a.m. Is it just me, or are there obviously 3 professional exercise video gals in that group. I can spot them a mile away. It just annoys me because usually the ENTIRE group are normal people and those tanned and skimpily clad bodies really stuck out. Maybe it was just me....Also, there were some moves on there that were really hard on my knees. I like new moves, but these may be too much for my knees. I'll give it some time. Rant over.
  • Hey Annie - it's good to see you!! you're just walkin up a storm

Annie - is this your comment on the new 5 mile walk? or something you quoted from someone else?

I really like the music on this new dvd and I like the studio. it's bright and colorful. i've seen some comments about the belly shots on the younger fit girls, but didn't really give it any thought. I like the dvd and enjoy working out with it, but that's just me

did you see on amazon that there is another new one coming out on march 27? it's called The Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...9772007&sr=8-1

there is a piece of a video there that shows it's in the same studio.
    I am excited to get that one too.
    later gater
  • Yes, that comment is mine. I guess it just bothers me because her vids always seem to have everyday people in them. I'll still do her walks, but this one rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Probably my mood!! I was grumpy this morning because my son had off school and fiance had off work for Pres. Day and I didn't.
  • Still doing 2 to 5 mi. each day but Sun. I love the new 5 mile especially the music. I do 1 to 3 in the morning and 4 and 5 in the eventing. Lately I just haven't had time to do the whole thing at once. Another one I love is and old one Walk Strong with weights. I use 3 pound and hope to work up to 5. I know some of the girls in the new one are really fit but there are quite a few that are ordinary. So glad to hear of a new one.
  • You can view a clip of the new video.

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchre...Leslie+sansone
  • Annie, I had to work too. and I gotta work tomorrow too and fight the Mardi gras crowds I feel ur pain girl. Hugs!!

I just did 2 miles. I used the Walk Down your Blood Sugar DVD

Carol u r doing great!!!

Later gaters
  • Awwww the new one looks great I'm anxious to get it