2012 Running Goals

• Hi all!

I have jus signed myself up to a few 10k's and half marathons with the aim of going for the big 26.2 miler some time in October!!!

Feeling a little crazy at the moment so was just wondering if anyone else has any running goals this year?

2012 Goals:
    Marathon Finisher
    Blog - Marathon Training
  • Congratulations on focusing your sights on the marathon, and good luck with your training!

I'd like to set some running goals for the year, but I keep having to stop running for a few weeks here and there due to some medical treatments I'm undergoing. But, if I can, I'd really like to run a 10K sometime this year. Seems like a small goal I know, but I've only been able to run for about 8 weeks in total since I began in September, and I've done just one (very hilly!) 5K so far. Right now I can do 4 miles at a slow pace, and so increasing my speed/endurance and getting to the point where I can run a 10K in a respectable time would be really great.
  • Congrats!

I'm running 26.2 in March - so right now finishing would be great!

I'm also signed up for a half in June and want to break 2 hrs there.

Also I want to log 1000+ miles this year.
  • A marathon, you guys are nuts!!

I signed up for a 5k for the 12th of this month (My first race, ever!), and I plan on doing another and improving my time in April.

Then on to 10k.
    Maybe a half marathon by the end of the year.

I don't know if my body could handle a full marathon.